Having troubles with zip file

I am thinking about purchasing one of the Orbx products but wanted to try the freeware so as to see what it is like.  I tried downloading three different freeware and they all downloaded but when I then clicked on them to open them I get the message "Windows cannot open the folder.  The Compressed (zipped) Folder 'C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\FTXP3DUS7WA3100.zip' is invalid".  When I click extract all I get the message "The compressed (zipped) folder is empty.".  I also tried using 7zip and that did not work either.

2 piggy-back posts one topic!

@Miloguy .. what steps have you taken.

I presume you have used a download manager (as suggested all over the forums here)

Which airport?  Which server?  Which download manager?  Which decompression utility.

Using Internet Download Manager, and 7-zip I have not had a failed download from the ORBX servers to date.

I guess I should have started another post. (sorry about that)

Im trying to download the free ware au airports , I got RedCliffe ok

but having trouble with the other free au airports, Murry Island for example have internet download manager.

for some reason it says cannot download this file,  Details, Connection has been closed by server..

using chrome browser ... 

sorry to be a pain.. 

Just downloaded, using Chrome and IDM

1.8Mb/sec via ADSL - unzips (7zip) no problems.

Find the partial download that IDM has already, and delete it.  Clear browser cache and start again.

The file is clearly intact on the server.

Archived