How to make sure pnw is installed correctly?

gregdpw

I checked my ftx central report and it says pnw version 1.0. But right after I installed the new libraries and clicked the North American I got some kind of windows 7 error message. I ignored it and I think I installed it correctly. I flew from Seattle to bowerman airport and it looked better. The coast lines weren't perfectly

Stright. They were more nature looking. And I did see taller grass and heard birds flying around at bowerman airport. What do ya think? Should I fly any place else to make

Sure it's defently installed right? Thanks

Hi Greg,

If you'd like to post a screenshot of somewhere within PNW we can tell you if it looks right. I believe the current version number for Pacific Northwest is 1.0 with Patch 006 008. 

Here's how to post a screenshot:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Regards,

Alex

I just bought and installed PNW today (the instant download from The FlightSim Store), and this is the version given by the FTX Central install report:

FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014

Here's a quick screenshot from last night. A quick test flight from Seattle to bowerman. This is about 10000 feet somewhere between Seattle and bowerman. I got global and rex4 installed. No vector installed. Sorry for the darker morning shot.

2014-4-30_19-23-55-822.png

okay here are some more screenshot from Darrington airport.  I do not have the airport add on just the PNW add on.  I made sure to switch to north america in ftx central.  And made sure to use all the correct graphic settings in the pdf manual that came with PNW.  I also have the max texture load at 4096.  My pc specs are I7 320.  6 gigs of ram.  Gtx 460 card.  And my frame rates are very very good.  By the look of these screenshots they dont look all that impressive for paying 25 dollars so i can get more detail.

2014-4-30_18-47-46-794.png

2014-5-1_15-55-30-265.png

2014-5-1_16-2-25-416.png

2014-5-1_16-23-21-858.png

2014-5-1_16-22-48-218.png

It looks like that mountain shot is taken from tower view which always produces blurrier terrain than spot or virtual cockpit view.

The add on Darrington includes higher resolution terrain, but not significantly. The textures included in PNW are 1m/pixel and the photoreal included with Darrington is 30-60cm/pixel

If you are flying P3Dv2.2,  try enabling all cores in affinity to help with blurries.  It solves it on some systems.  Also maybe take out tower view of the view cycling switch system in cameras.cfg.  Added “CycleHidden=Yes†to unneeded cycling cameras with major different points of view (like tower & flyby) to help clear blurries when cycling thru views. 

is there anyway to make this texture sharper?

2014-5-2_15-45-52-854.png

The screenshot is a little off the ground so it's hard to tell if the texture has fully loaded but it looks like that is the standard 1m/px resolution of landclass tiles. All regions landclass tile textures are 1m/px so unless your system is not keeping up and the tiles are blurring, that is the maximum resolution.

Archived