Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest DVD Decompession Error (#2029)

Jackle64

Hi Guys, its me again, well now I really don't know what to do. Andres from the FlightSim Store sent me the DVD on disk for Orbx- FTX NA Blue USA/ Canada Pacific Northwest and when install it I get multiple Decompression Errors (#2029)

I thought my hard drive was going before so I bought a new Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250GB, so the installation of FSX and Acceleration are fresh, No third party software at all, I tried coping the files from the Disk to my SSD and launching the wrapper from there, but no go, I get an Error saying; Error decompressing data! Corrupted Installer?

My System Specs: Windows 7 64-bit sp1 Home Premium, AMD Phenom II X4 965  3.4ghz (No Overclocking) 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 (No Overclocking), Nvidia GeForce GTX 295  2GB Ram, MSI 790 FX-GD70 motherboard Model No. MS-7577.

I just can't figure this out, what am I doing wrong? I have Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 installed. would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Hello,

It sounds like your DVD drive and the disc don't like each other very much. On occasion some DVD drives just don't work with the DVD's. Do you have access to another computer with a DVD drive? If so try copying it from there to a flash drive then installing on your main system.

If that doesn't work it's possible the disc is corrupt.

Regards,

Alex

I think the Disk may be corrupt, I transferred the Data from the disk from another computer DVD to a flash drive, then downloaded it to my computer and same thing Compression Error (#2029) and many of them not just one.

I appreciate your input Alex, I'm at my wits end here, turned off antivirus, cleared History and caches, rebooted every time to clear the memory..........?! Don't have any answers.

If the files are throwing an error from all of those installation methods I'd have to believe that the disc is corrupt. To get a replacement you'll need to contact the FlightSimStore and forward all the information on the troubleshooting you've tried. 

OK, I tried one last thing while waiting for the FlightSim Store Support team to get back to me. I Installed PNW with 13 compression errors and hit ignore on all of them and it installed, I hit finish and the FTX Central came up, I selected North America and hit Apply, but when I started FSX and it built the scenery indexes for the first time for ORBX-FTX PNW, it gave me this error:

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\SCENERY) in scenery Area.125 not found. Click OK to continue.

I then select a free flight from Skagit Regional Airport, because I am familiar with is facility, I live only 20KM from it. and for the most part it looks pretty good, but apart from only one building, the airport is empty, the terrain looks accurate, but  the Compression errors I got installing the program and the FSX error I get every time I go into the simulator tell me that something is missing and or wrong with the installation.

Can you concur with is assumption? Thanks guys, I know your really busy with lots of other problems, I am just trying to explore every option.

• 1 year later...

Did you ever get this resolved?

I'm having the same sort of issue.  I got the download version from FlightSim Store of Orbx- FTX NA Blue USA/ Canada Pacific Northwest.

Getting multiple decompression errors when installing

System is a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7.

WVBill

Location - Whidbey Island WA USA

Order # FSS0419128

• 2 months later...

Archived