5B3 Danielson Airport CT has been re-designated KLZD

Greetings Neil,

Just a minor issue for you and I don't know how you folks at Orbx/FTX have been handling this within the Sim World. I found it while adding runway lengths to the list of freeware airports. Yeah, geeky I know - helps me decide what to use to fly into and out of said airports. SO, what DO you, as a designer, usually do in a situation like this?

SkyVector states the current designation for Danielson Airport, Danielson CT is now KLZD.  Here is the link to the Airport's SkyVector page.         http://skyvector.com/airport/LZD/Danielson-Airport

Additionally, this is an excerpt from the Wikipedia entry:

Danielson Airport (ICAO: KLZDFAA LID: LZD, formerly 5B3) is a state owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) northwest of the central business district of Danielson, a borough in the town of Killingly in Windham County, Connecticut, United States.[1] It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.[2]

Both the P3D onboard flight planner and Plan-G show Danielson as 5B3... For what it is worth, Tillamook, OR is still listed as S47 in FSX and P3D instead of the current KTMK. My 2005 Seattle Sectional Lists it as S47 with an inked in correction.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

Respectfully,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Here's some info from a previous thread on changing the ICAO of an airport:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/76961-how-to-change-airport-id-and-name/

In short, it can be done but the original ICAO will stick around in the GPS and other areas of the simulator. It's an increasing problem as the nav data in FSX ages and airports change their names and ICAO's. 

Regards,

Alex

Greetings Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate the "why we can't do it very easily" answer as it adds to MY understanding of our great hobby. And I sort 'of figured this would be the case, which is why I tossed in my remark about Tillamook.

No, how do I mark this as "ANSWERED", or is it something you have to do?

Respectfully,

Brian

Archived