PAYA not excluding default taxiway signs?

gmbyrne

I just purchased PAYA - Yakutat Airport, loaded the airport in FSX, and it appears that there are default taxiway signs, in addition to the ones modeled in the PAYA scenery.  I have installed all region updates (including SAK patch 003), and updated to the latest libraries.

Has anyone else seen this with PAYA?

Regards,

Gerald Byrne

PAYA - FSS0283480, Order Date 2014-04-25

Hi Gerald,

That's strange, I haven't heard of this one yet. It's possible you have a duplicate APX file which also contains taxiway signs. If you have a third party AI program it may contain duplicates, or possibly some of the sceneries from Misty Moorings. To check, run a search for "PAYA" in your main FSX folder. If you screenshot the results we can track down any duplicates.

Regards,

Alex

Alex,

I searched the main FSX folder, and did not see any non-Orbx files containing PAYA.  Here are the screenshots of the search, along with a screenshot in fsx of the stray taxiway signs.  BTW, I have Flight Sim Tools TaxiSigns HD installed, however, I don't believe that should make a difference.  I do not have this issue at any other Orbx payware airport (and I have all of them for North America!).

I tried creating an exclude bgl for taxiway signs, but with no luck.  I also moved the scenery layer for TaxiSignsHD from the top of the list to below the Orbx payware airports in the scenery library, with no luck.  I'm baffled!

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/gmbyrne1/library/?view=recent&page=1

Thanks for your help!

Gerald

Alex,

Problem solved! It appears to have been a problem with TaxiSigns HD, not the PAYA scenery. I downloaded a test patch from FlightSimTools support forum, prepared for another user having the same problem with some non-Orbx addon scenery. This patch appears to have solved my issue as well.

Thanks for your assistance!

Gerald

Hi Gerald,

My apologies for missing this thread, I completely missed your post from last week. I will note this one in case anybody else has extra taxi signs pop up. Thanks for reporting back and I'm glad to see this one resolved.

Regards,

Alex

Archived