Trees and houses in lakes and the ocean coast

Zendo

Hi, guys,

I got the Iceland an the Tasmania freeware packets.

Iceland is a major improvement, Tasmania WOULD be one, if only there wouldn't be that trees and houses partially submerged. Doesn't matter if it is the sea, a lake or even a river. And it is everywhere, worldwide.

This didn't appear when I installed Iceland, it appeared only after installing Tasmania, and choosing the ORBX trees.

I uninstalled both sceneries, to no avail.

Could somebody give me a hint?

Thank you. :-)

mFck1DO.jpg

Hi Zendo,

It's possible your terrain.cfg entries have been corrupted. Here's how to fix:

First back up the main copy of your terrain.cfg which is found in the root FSX folder. Then navigate to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work" and locate the backup of the terrain.cfg there. Copy this backup in your root FSX folder, after that run FTX Central and switch between each region, including Global, hitting apply each time. This will reinsert the correct entries into your terrain.cfg.

Note if you have any other products that insert lines into the terrain.cfg (Ultimate Terrain, GEX, etc.) those will need to be re-run to reinsert their entries.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Zendo,

It's possible your terrain.cfg entries have been corrupted. Here's how to fix:

First back up the main copy of your terrain.cfg which is found in the root FSX folder. Then navigate to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work" and locate the backup of the terrain.cfg there. Copy this backup in your root FSX folder, after that run FTX Central and switch between each region, including Global, hitting apply each time. This will reinsert the correct entries into your terrain.cfg.

Note if you have any other products that insert lines into the terrain.cfg (Ultimate Terrain, GEX, etc.) those will need to be re-run to reinsert their entries.

Regards,

Alex

----

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Unfortunately there are only the following cfg-files:

terrain_AU

terrain_global and

terrain_global_v

Which one of them did you have in mind?

@JFS:

Thank you for your kind help.

Unfortunately, it changed nothing. :-/

----

Warmly,

Wolfgang

Archived