PNW Demo for P3Dv2

amraam

Good day,

I'm running P3D v2.2 on a system with Windows 8.1.  I wanted to try out the Orbx terrain so I tried downloading the free Pacific Northwest Demo - Version 2 (P3D_FTX_NAPNWDEMO_200.zip) from http://fullterrain.com/product_demos.html.

The demo installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ORBX by default.  I was not given any options about whether I was installing for FSX or P3D.  I assume this is because this version of the demo is meant for P3D.  However, when I try to open FTX Central, I get the error message: "FSX not found at the location pointed to by the Registry or No FSX entry found in the Registry."  Note that I don't have FSX installed nor have I ever.

The demo file seems to be from 2011.  Am I having this problem because I'm using an old version of the demo?  The support forums make reference to a pay version of NA PNW that is compatible with P3Dv2 and is patched up to Service Pack 8.  Is there a newer demo version?

I did a search of the forum and couldn't find any other references to this problem which seemed strange.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...

Amraam,

I know this is an old topic but I have the same problem that you describe here. I've checked the forums and find several people all asking similar questions but they either get no reply or the replies given do not help resolve this particular matter. Did you ever get a resolution to this? If so, I'd be extremely grateful to know what it was.

John

Archived