FSX and P3DV2: FTX Central and installers do not find proper installation folder

Hi there,

I recently installed Prepar3D V2.2 along to my existing FSX installation. Upon installing P3DV2, I wanted to install FTX Global 1.20. During the installation of that I made a silly mistake: I installed "OrbxFTXGlobal120.exe" (500meg) instead of the original version 1.00 (which is far bigger), then the update to 1.10 and then the update to 1.20. Ooops! My fault! It was way too late.

This incident corrupted something in the way FTX Central and scenery installers operate. FTX Central should be linked to my FSX, but it searches for Orbx products in my newly installed P3Dv2 directory. This results in an error when opening FTX Central. The Region Files Validation Report is prompted and has numerous entries like this: "Custom file does not exist. D:\programme\p3dv2\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDA2.dds" and so on. Of course, BLDA2.dds and all the other files are available in D:\programme\fsx\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\.

So I decided to uninstall FTX Global from my FSX and reinstall it. Upon a new installation, the installer wants to install FTX Global in D:\programme\p3dv2\ instead of D:\programme\fsx\. That's strange...

I believed that there is something wrong with the FSX registration value in the Windows 7 registry. I took a sharp look, but the FSX destination folder is set correctly. 3rd party installers have no problems finding the proper FSX installation.

I even downloaded and executed the Orbx Registry Fix tool and pointed it to the location, where FSX.exe is situated. But this did not help either. 

When I try to install any other Orbx product, I am confronted with the same problem (e.g. Northern California): Although I select FSX as my desired simulator, the installer intents to install the product to D:\programme\p3dv2\ instead of  D:\programme\fsx\.

I have no clue what to do next... Do you have an idea how to direct FTX Central and installers to FSX again?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Archived