Avast detect FTX Central v2.1 as virus

alexooitt

Is it flagging the Day and Night lights switchers? Those were commonly flagged when they were first released because they are executables that alter files (turn lights on or off) in the users Program Files.

Safe to say, you can ignore the virus warning or remove FTX Central from quarantine. It likely got flagged for the same reasons, it alters files by moving them or changing their extension to control region switching.

Hi Alex and Alex,

I run Avast Internet Security and it did flag the FTX Central .exe file as a virus on a routine basis - and ALWAYS during the installation of your products. As recommended by another developer, now I disable Avast during the install and have added the D:\lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Orbx\  to the Exclusion list so it no longer scans that area. Go to your Avast! SETTINGS menu, then select the ANTIVIRUS menu option. On my version, the 4th selection down is EXCLUSIONS and it will let you browse to the directory you wish to excluded.

I scan each install file proir to use and they always come back as "not infected", so I'm very confident that I'm OK to exclude the Orbx directory. Hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Brian

AVAST is also affected? I've sent one FTXcentral file to  virustotal.com and got a list from 8 of 51 infected in the list. Because VT' s  version of GDATA  didn't report a virus alert, I wrote a mail to VT and asked them. Julio from VT answered 

Hello,
A new scanning of that file shows GData detects it:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/eda59c09fafcea9e51fcf5377a1d8237c94540298fa5c07dcc5b9d71a380c656/analysis/1396859344/

There could be a time window between BitDefender engine being updated and GData's BD engine being updated here.

AVAST is still not in this list. Who know's which of VT's engines are still outdated :wacko:

And FTXcentral needs to be executed  with admin-rights ??? .

Archived