FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest

Jackle64

Hello, this is my first time in here, I just purchased FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest, it is a download version of the software at 4.34 GB in one Zip file. I have downloaded it six times on various mirrors that the Flight SimStore provides and I used a recommended downloader; Internet download manager, but every time I UnZip the file I receive multiple CRC errors:

Warnings were issued - see below for details

Testing Important_Read_Me!.txt
Testing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.2
******* Important_Read_Me!.txt Tested OK
Testing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.3
******* OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.2 Tested OK
Testing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.4
******* OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.3 Tested OK
Testing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.5
CRC check failed for "OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.4" -- expected 4E305296, actual C4B984DC.
Testing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.6
CRC check failed for "OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.5" -- expected EDE56DC8, actual 3CE6008B.
Testing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.7
CRC check failed for "OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.6" -- expected A77DD088, actual 7BE5536F.
Testing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.8
******* OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.7 Tested OK
Testing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.9
CRC check failed for "OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.8" -- expected 8C9366D7, actual ED464053.
Testing OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.exe
******* OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.9 Tested OK
CRC check failed for "OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.exe" -- expected 571D639E, actual 7927A31A.
At least one error was detected in C:\Users\Jimbo\Downloads\Compressed\OrbxFTXNABluePNW180.zip.
Severe Error:  CRC of extracted file does not match header value.

Can, you help me. Thank you.

Hi Jackie

Q: What is the name of the Unzipping / extraction program you are using. I use "7zip" never had a problem, you could try 7zip or WinZip.

I bought the DVD version so not much help in that regard. Yours being a Download I imagine there will be a need to extract all the zipped files into one temporary location/folder of your making, then run the Wrapper .exe  as per the "Definitive Guide"

One other thing worth mentioning, is the need to have enough free space in the drive that you extract the PNW Wrapper, and then enough space on the drive/ location you intend to install PNW, (where FSX is installed). 

Possibly worth comparing the DL size from FSS and see if it matches the size of your actual download . Failing that you could lodge a ticket at the FSStore, or read the Sub forum http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/147-fss-flightsimstore-support-issues/  Adrian may be able to help identify wether you are getting the complete DL.

Thank you for answering my query Jeff, I use winZip and I have over 768 GB of space remaining on my hard drive, internet downloader installer puts all of the files in one Zip folder inside a folder called C:\user\xxxx\downloads\compressed, and it downloads the entire file with no problems, it is 4.32 GB total Zipped, the problem I'm having is when I go to Unzip, I get CRC errors and I can unzip all of the files in one folder, bit when I try to execute the .exe, no go because of the CRC.

Hi Jackie

So I see drive space is no issue the file size should be 4.4Gb if it is the "PNW triple installer SP8 from FSS".

Please check your Email programs Junk folder to see if Adrian (FSS) has responded to your ticket, it wouldn't be the first time a quick response has landed in the Junk folder by mistake.

Ok I've done some more research, came across a post by another customer having trouble unzipping a large Orbx installer package. He too was using WinZip in "Classic Mode" he then switched to "Wizard Mode" and the errors ceased. I think quite possibly your Download has been fine all along but WinZip is getting in the way somehow, with incomplete extraction CRC errors.

If you cannot get WinZip to successfully extract by switching to Wizard mode, then I think you should try the FREE "7zip" program.

Install it and locate your PNW zipped file making sure it is in a "new" separate temp folder (Nothing but the .zip), then right click the zip and choose from the "dropdown" option - 7-zip > Extract here.  7zip will then open a progress dialog and extract to that folder 

Ahhhhhh, almost, I didn't work, although 7Zip detected 5 CRC Errors I was able to extract the installer and start to install the program, but as I suspected it stopped the installation when it came to the first error detected when I used 7Zip and I always use WinZip Wizard, I never use the classic mode, further more I tried WinRAR and it too detected the CRC Errors, now I am at a total loss. Adrian from FSS has not contacted me yet, this is day 3 and no response , I have checked my 'Junk E-Mail' folder, nothing.

I'm wondering if he'd let me spend the extra $7.00 to get the DVD and Void my Download copy. I just want to say I truly Appreciate your help so far, I'm going to try and download it one more time, I have a decent Internet connection of about 1.5mbps, so it only takes me about 1 Hour to download 4.34 GB.

one last thing, I have been looking around our forums and it looks like you guys have a nice community here and I'd like to be a part of it. Thanks again.

Hi Jackie,

Sorry that you still have no result, I would have responded earlier but I have been out all day.

One thing I would like to ask, if you have had any failed download when you initially downloaded the product, the reason I ask this is because any subsequent downloads will also be potentially corrupt.

The way to make sure you get a clean download is to Clear your internet browser cache, history, and previous downloads, from the browser then use your IDM to re-download the installer package.

I hope this info gets to your attention in time before making it (DL Number "8").

Thankyou for your kind comments on our forum we would love to have you here, the other members are really great and the team although extremely busy at the moment are all really good guys with a wealth of information. I hope your last try is successful and that Adrian can assist getting you across the line, If not Ed Correia or another staff member.

Sorry, about your first question, Yes all my downloads of this product have CRC errors in one or more of the 10 files within the wrapper and now I have tried all of the download mirrors with no success. Take care and have a good day, will talk to you later.

Once again I must thank you Jeff, I just finished talking to Andres from customer support, I copied and pasted our conversations in here and he responded, with Wow! you went though a lot, so he said he will send me the DVD disks free of charge on Monday!!! Now That's Very nice and I am Very happy, happier when I get  the disks and actually install it into FSX and do some flying and I told him that I would  definitely be a repeat customer to the FTX Store. I want to get the FTX Global next, by the way what is the default mesh detail on Global, I know its 10 meters in Northwest USA/Canada.

Hi Jackie

Yes I have CCleaner also, to be honest I have never had the need to use it, at least for clearing Browser caches I mainly use to clean registry remnants.  

If this is indeed the case where all of your Downloads have been corrupt then you should most definitely clean out your Browser caches and also clear out your OS Temp files using "MS Disk Cleanup" Then try again. Please also scan your computer for potential malware .

If I had the Download version I would have something to compare, for example: the file sizes of each component of the Wrapper before and after extraction, the layout  of those installers in the extraction folder. A screen shot of this in Windows explorer "Detail view" would be interesting so at least the staff can assess the file sizes are in order.

Have you had any word from FSS yet.

Archived