Looking at this Saitek pro flight Yoke system

miloguy

G'day guys,

I know I've been talking about it for a while now but I think my mind is made

up for this system http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=34&products_id=404   and as its my first real proper set up I want to start off small and build up from there, and on limited funds so nothing too flashy to start off with..

will my flying be different using one of these compared to flying with a Logictech  extream 3d pro joystick that I've been using for a couple years now ...

thoughts??  

milo 

I have the Saitek Proflight yoke and throttle quadrant, and rudder pedals. Overall, I like the setup. The yoke has plenty of buttons and rocker switches that you can use for just about anything. One of my buttons is programmed as a PTT button for Pilot Edge, which makes it very realistic. The throttle quadrant also has several rocker switches. I just ordered a second throttle quadrant, trim wheel, and switch panel. I like the modularity of Saitek, so you can add components as your budget and needs allow. My only real complaint is the the throttle quadrant that comes with the yoke does not use a USB connector, meaning you have to use it with the Saitek yoke. Standalone throttle quadrants do use a USB connector. I'm also on the fence with the rudder pedals, bit it's probably because I need to tinker with my FSUIPC settings.

One thing you may want to consider is getting the Cessna yoke and pedals. They cost a little more, but I have read some reports that they are built better. I have no idea if that is true or not. Hopefully folks who have used both will chime in.

Todd

Archived