Seattle Int Weirdness?

Manok101

I have PNW installed, and have just "landed" at  Seattle Int, and I use quotes because when I got there I noticed my ILS was way off, so I thought ok, I'll just manually land. I wound up having to land on a taxiway, because it was the only thing that did not have giant hills all over it, and was long enough for my NGX to land. What caused this? Did I install something improperly?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My FTX Freeware Airports (Sets 1-9) are behaving in the same way - steep cleefs around the field. You think this AEC solution would apply in this case?

As soon I finished a fresh reinstallation of FSX (FS Global 2010 + FTX Global/Vector) this thing happened also to KSEA, but updating the Libs solved the issue. I think I should read carefully the Vector's Manual.

Would you mind try KGCN to see if the field is surrounded by high terrain? Thanks.

Regards,

Pasayten,

Thanks for KGCN. Now, my KSEA is again messed, invaded by cliffs. Really, the "cliffs" are ground textures which should be covering the ground but are showing vertically, as walls. I observed this at one of the FTX Freeware AiIrports Set, KRWL Rawlings-WY, which was showing those "walls". The Cessna was parked at a position in front of one green wall. I excluded the airport using AEC Tool and, back to FSX, called KRWL and parked the plane at that same position. In the place where stood the green wall before, now was an area covered by grass of the same color and texture of the wall.

One more thing. Some airports need to be excluded with the Vector Tool, and others don't: KPSP needs and KAVX don't. There is no visible logical I could see.

Well, back to KSEA, I just made everything you can imagine to get rid from those cliffs.

Regards,

Archived