FTX Global won't install FSX Windows 7 64 bit

aviator703

Hi all, I purchased FTX Global a couple of days ago and am having trouble with the installer.

The install copys the backup files and gets to the stage where it checks file conditions and then closes. I've tried opening the installer with one of the other files in the zip but nothing has worked. I have Windows 7 64 bit system with about 17GB of space on the drive FSX is installed to.

Thanks for any help!

- Josh

The installer checks all that though, I watched it's status and says all storage space, memory, ram, graphics etc is fine. It gets to a point and then just closes, if it was a storage space issue there would surely be a notification.

Spirit is on the right track here,    you have to fully extract all files from the zip to a folder somewhere,  then as he states; run installer from there as admin.

The issue is;  you now have 2 things taking up space, the zip file you downloaded,  and also the extracted files which will be even larger.

So with the limited space you have,  I can suggest you delete the downloaded zip file once it has been extracted to give you some room to install.

There are other ways to get some space back, reduce size of recycle bin etc. delete all but last restore point,  check in downloads for large files that have been installed and the download is no longer needed.

best thing is to move zip file to external drive to avoid re-downloading if not successful, if possible.

but usually it does not give a warning if not enough space to install.

To add,   SSD drives are expensive with small space, with regard to FSX, they don't perform any better than a high end mechanical drive ie. raptor drives, but they do load the program faster.

but just my opinion.

Ron.

Archived