Manchester runways surrounded by hills

scotspark

I hope someone can help me with this problem.  I'm a newbie with FTX products, and I think they are great.

I have FTX Global, FTX Vector, Gold NC, EU Scotland, and have just purchased  the region EU England.

The problem is with Manchester EGCC in EU  England. There are hills surrounding the runways, and crossing the runways and taxiways. I have gone to other major airports in England and all is fine. I have tried, on 3 occasions, uninstalling EU England, as per Paul Webster's instructions on this forum, and then reinstalling, but the problem is still there. When running FSX without EU England installed, Manchester Airport is fine.

I hope someone can offer a solution, and as I'm not all that good with computers, I hope a possible fix is simple.

I tried unsuccessfully to paste a screenshot, but I hope my description of the problem will suffice.

Regards

Andy

Hello Dieter

Thank you for your reply.

I have looked at the Vector Configurator Airport Elevation, but I think this would involve deleting files? As I'm not sure of what I'm doing, I would greatly appreciate your  help.

Thank you

Kind regards

Andy

I have disabled the EGCC airport in Vector Configurator. The hills have now disappeared from across the runways, but trees are now  in the taxiways.Taxiway signs and a windsock are now  in the air above  the airport :(  Hope someone can help me please.

Andy

Hello Andy,

by using AEC in disabling mode there will no files be deleted.

If You are not satisfied with the result of disabling, just enable it and You are with the files before disabling. There is no risk for deleting files.

With the trouble You have now with trees, taxiway-signs and the windsock i can't help You because i don't know how. Maybe You have an other scenery running in the background which is not compatible with the EGCC-scenery. I had this problem and after deleting this small scenery everything is OK now.

Sorry, but that's all i can presume. 

Hello Dieter,

Thank you so much for your help.

I was interested that you had a problem because of another scenery running in the background.  I installed a scenery program  a couple of weeks ago which was" compatible with FTX", but which in fact prevented FTX Central from opening. I have since removed the program, but this may be the cause of the problem. If I don't have a solution soon, then I think I may uninstall FSX and FTX completely and start anew.

In the meantime, I hope that I can get some help from another kind member such as you. Thank you very much indeed Dieter.

Kind regards

Andy

Archived