FTX Central Problems

signmanbob

Hello,

I have many NA sceneries and set "North America" on FTX Central, but when I went to 0S9 Jefferson County, the addon was not there, only default FSX scenery.

I know I must have some kind of corruption with FTX Central because I'm showing two icons for "FTX Global", which seems strange.

When I set FTX Central for "North America",  I get an error which I show here on this screenshot.

Here I have selected "North America" and got the error message, yet if I re-open FTX Central, it will indicate that "North America is selected.

Could you have any advise on how I can fix this problem?  Thank you for your help.

Bob

Orbx_Problem_zps1f9bc85e.jpg

Hi Bob,

To fix your problem you must download and install the latest "Orbx Libraries v140302" presuming that you are running FSX

From fullterrain.com  Support page:                           for FSX & P3Dv1.x  http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

Release Announcement Page: for P3Dv2  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74032-orbxlibs-140201-for-p3dv2/

Cheers Jeff

Hello,

Thank you for your help.  I did load the latest Orbx libraries last night and that corrected the problem of the missing 0S9 Jefferson County, but now I seem to have large mounds on both sides of the taxi ways and runways. 

Do you have any idea what might be causing this.

Thanks again for your help. These are beautiful sceneries that are more like fine art.  I really hate to see them not showing correctly.

Hi Bob,

A few questions :

Are you using FTXG Vector  as well as  FTXG Base?

Do you have FS Pilots Global 2010 Mesh ?

Can you provide a Screen shot?

Cheers Jeff

I don't use FTXG Vector or FTXG Base yet.

I do have FS Pilots Global 2010 and FS Global Ultimate

Below are some screenshots:

Orbx_Airport_Problem_zps0957c2cb.jpg

Orbx_Airport_Problem01_zps107c88ff.jpg

Hi Bob,

Since the original issue was solved with the libs update, I would recommend starting a new topic for the new issue, referring the Orbx Team back to this topic.

Though I do find it strange that you are not using FTXG Base or Vector, but have an icon for FTXG in FTXCentral.

Since you have FS Global Ultimate, the elevation problem may be linked, you might also try setting the "Mesh Resolution" Slider in FSX settings to "5m" as is required by the "OS9 Jefferson County PDF guide".  This guide can be accessed through FTX Central PDF Documents, on the RHS of the panel, or the ORBX\Documents folder.

Cheers Jeff

My mistake, I am using FTX Global Base (Order #FSS0222549).  I'm sorry.  I thought you were talking about two different parts of the vector program because I didn't remember it called "Base", only FTX Global.

I know that it has been stated that all of Orbx FTX scenery will work fine without the vector program and I prefer to spend my money on as much beautiful Orbx scenery as I can possibly get.  I have almost everything that Orbx as released related to scenery.

Also, why do I have two FTX Global icons in FTX Central?  Is that some kind of corruption?

I will check my mesh resolution. 

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for clearing that up, FTX Global Base is indeed the "Base"  FTX Global product. 

You state that you have 2 FTX Global Icons in FTX Central, this situation occurs when you install an older FTX product during a re-install or after you buy/install an older product containing an older Orbx Library. The remedy for this situation will always be to re-install the Latest Libraries after any FTX Region, Airport, or Patch, even though you have already done so, because the older library belonging to the older product will overwrite any existing Library.

When you have reinstalled all your products, the last thing you should always do is install the Latest Libraries. Current /Future FTX Airports and Regions will require you to do this procedure as a matter of routine, because the Libraries are nolonger incorporated into the installers as was the case in previous FTX Products. Most if not all FTX product Installers will state /ask you to update the Orbx Libraries once the New product is installed. 

Cheers Jeff

Archived