Springtime Missing?

TomG

Hi,

I am really impressed with the change in overall scenery with FTX Global.  However, I just noticed that from Feb 28 to March 1 in my home area of Pennsylvania, the season changed from snow covered winter to summer.  All trees and grass are a nice green.  We haven't even started to see trees bloom around here yet.  I also checked only about 200 miles away to the north in New York it is still hard winter for the same date. Shouldn't the seasonal changes be more gradual with snow patches disappearing little by little and trees blooming gradually?  Will this be tweaked in the LandClass upgrade?   Thanks.  Tom 

Hi,

I am really impressed with the change in overall scenery with FTX Global.  However, I just noticed that from Feb 28 to March 1 in my home area of Pennsylvania, the season changed from snow covered winter to summer.  All trees and grass are a nice green.  We haven't even started to see trees bloom around here yet.  I also checked only about 200 miles away to the north in New York it is still hard winter for the same date. Shouldn't the seasonal changes be more gradual with snow patches disappearing little by little and trees blooming gradually?  Will this be tweaked in the LandClass upgrade?   Thanks.  Tom 

Just flew from Morgantown WVA to Pittsburgh, PA today and noticed the same thing.... everything green and leaves on the deciduous trees

FTXGlobal does not include custom season data (only textures and autogen)

In FTX full-fat regions, there is a custom seasons file to change seasonal variations to more accurately represent real-world data.

The sim will be using the base FSX /P3D seasonal data (unless this is updated with the OpenLC product)

Archived