FTX Central, Oddity after Patch downloads

Seasmoke

Kia Ora,

Spent some time this morning downloading NA patches and the free Traffic.

Did a restart and when I opened FTX Central there are now two Global buttons and neither of them mentions "hybrid" when I select and 'Apply'.

Please tell me that I do not have to re install Global?   

regards,  Rick

Thank you.   

Flightsim store Order Number: FSS0257691

Order Date: 2013-12-28

[ORB-079] Orbx - FTX: Global VECTOR

Today's problems started  after downloading patches for NA .( Which I have had on disc forever from PC Aus); . NA Traffic freebee ,  and I bought Skagit today from Flightsimstore Order Number: FSS0275074

Order Date: 2014-03-10

and of course, this one.........>

Flightsim store Product: Orbx - FTX: Global
[reg key removed]

​I'm also having some sad experiences with fps and south of Skagit today which I don't recall when started flying in pac NW a year or so ago.  Do you want me to start a different thread for that? Or is it that Seattle FPS Sink that I've vaguely heard about?

To end on a positive note !  With the exception of England, this is the very first poor experience I have had with FTX and I have been a strong advocate of your scenery at FSEconomy.  

regards,  Rick

Thanks Rick,

For your duplicate libraries and other FTX Central oddities, try reinstalling the latest libraries. That will refresh the files and put them back in sync with your installation. For FPS around Seattle... not too much that can be done. The entire area is a known poor FPS region and has been that way since FSX's release. One thing to check, make sure you have PNW patched to the latest version. One of the recent service packs replaced all the older streetlights that had a hit on performance with the newer varieties:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75359-ftx-na-pnw-triple-installer-now-available/

Thanks for your reply Alex.   Think I'm up to speed with PNW as I went up to 007 yesterday. right after I got the 2 Global patches.   So I am guessing that I( will have to live with the Skagit performance .  :(

I am less certain of your meaning here>>>> try reinstalling the latest libraries. That will refresh the files and put them back in sync with your installation<<<

I picked up the following this morning:- Skagit Regional    Free NA 1-7   NA pack 8    US Portland    US KHQM    &   GA Traffic + Update 1.10 .    Prior to those I got Global Patch 1.1 & 1.2  ( I am fairly certain things were normal after the two Global Patches.)

Q.1   Which ones to reinstall & do I uninstall first, or do they go over the top?

Q.2  Given the extreme drop in performance in Vancouver & South would I be right in thinking that I have done myself no favours nabbing all those free cities?

PNW has SP8 out now, although that just contains some smaller fixes that shouldn't impact any performance.

Ah you haven't installed the libraries at all, that explains the issue :)

At the bottom of the support page is a link for the latest libraries to download and install:

http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

Just download, unzip, and install and the installer will take care of it from there. Portland's performance isn't too much of an issue so using the free cityscape shouldn't hurt the performance. It replaces default FSX buildings that are very poorly optimized so there may even be a small net gain.

Thank you for that Alex, self inflicted problem now sorted>

If I might try your patience with one further question?  

Given that my PC Aviator Aus  PNW box is as old as it's hills and I've had my moneys worth;     would my paying for a download of the new one from Flightsimstores be an improvement on the poor result I am presently experiencing in Skagit and south?  

I'm not bothered about the 24 bucks just the result.  If your answer is,  " yes go for it, "     will the new download go straight over the top of the old install?

Glad to see you're sorted!

You don't need to purchase a new copy of PNW, as long as you keep up with your patches your installation would be the same as if it was from the updated installer at the FlightSimStore. For PNW the two service packs to install are SP5 and SP8 which combined include all available updates for the region. All of those of course can be found at the support page:

http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

So no need to pay again unless you really really want to have a download copy :)

Archived