Problen around CYTZ

IanF

Just bought vector when the 110 patch was released and the very first  place i checked out has a problem, there seems to be large chunks of square ice, on this ice there are buildings and trees, I am using simaddons cytz  scenery.  I  have tried disabling and enabling AEC, does  nothing. Any suggestions

Ian F Beggs

cytz.jpg

This is how FS displays ice and snow in the time between seasons. We are aware of the fact it looks funny and are considering solutions. This is no bug.

What about the buildings and trees on the ice? thats all water. the ss i took was not the best but even when the ice is gone there will be houses and trees in the water.

Same problems here. I have no addons anywhere near Toronto. Wacky ice aside, the autogen in the water is totally unacceptable. Also, are the landmarks that have been there since Flight Sim 3 not present: CN Tower, Skydome etc. I don't expect better models but don't take things away. — Bob

Can not duplicate trees and buildings in the water/on ice. May be an issue with the add-on. Have you tried disabling it for testing?

Thanks Stefan, I will disable it and get back  to you, I know  the simaddon's  cytz  scenery adds a more detailed downtown and harbor front to Toronto Canada, in my case  I'm not experiencing any landmarks  missing  with the scenery active. Anyways  I will  report back to you with it disabled, I know this is a big project, and I am expecting more patches. :) Just trying to help out.

Not AEC disabled, but the Add-On disabled! I have the idea, that these buildings come from the add-on you use for this airport/area.

Sorry for the misunderstanding that pic was with the addon disabled. That's just plain default fsx with global and vector 1.1 But I did enable and disable AEC for the default CYTZ  just to make sure it was not some elevation problem.

OK, THX. Pls disable Vector via the scenery library (5 layers) and post the same screenshot then. Do you have any other scenery installed? Maybe landclass? 

Ok Stefan after testing some different things the Simmaddons CYTZ scenery and the Default CYTZ is 100% ok if I turn OFF  the Frozen Water Feature in Vector. In this area even if i switch my simulator  season to summer if that frozen water feature is turned on in vector I still have  problems with trees and buildings in the water. I notice your using p3d in the pic you provided, in your vector settings do you have this feature turned on or off, if OFF try turning it on and go to CYTZ again, or maybe this is just an FSX problem. If any fsx users would like to test it let me know.

Very very strange. I have FROZEN ON (all features on here) and I have exactly the same screenshot I posted using P3D in FSX as well. It must be smthg with your installation. We will further investigate.

Who knows at this point, could be  anything :) Anyways thanks for the prompt reply's I am completely fine with not using that feature  anyways.

Archived