CRM, WA04 listed as WA14

B77X

NCA - ADEX_FTX_NCA_KHAF_Half_Moon_Bay_CVX.bgl and ADEX_FTX_NCA_KHAF_Half_Moon_Bay_CVX_CVX.bgl

ADEX_FTX_NCA_0O5_Rodgers.bgl same as ADEX_FTX_NCA_0O5_University.bgl

PNW - ADE_FTX_PNW_14WA_LZ_Ranch and 14WA_Livingston_Bay

CRM - airport 33S shows up in the sim as 73S

Hi David,

Both WA04 and WA14 are separate airports in the CRM region.  What we have as WA04 has been abandoned (and shows abandoned) and the ICAO applied to a grass strip in the PNW area which we didn't add.  I verified that all files are correct, ie; no duplication in the CRM airport files.

ADE_FTX_SAK_AK7.bgl is indeed a dupe and can be removed but in any case shouldn't cause a problem.

The 14WA_Livingston_Bay files should not be removed.  Long story, leave it, they won't cause problems. 14WA_LZ_Ranch is accurate and is where the airports should be placed, 14WA_Livingston_Bay doesn't exist but can't be removed from FSX, this was our solution.

I'll look into the NCA airport issues later.

Cheers, Neil

Hi David,

Both WA04 and WA14 are separate airports in the CRM region.  What we have as WA04 has been abandoned (and shows abandoned) and the ICAO applied to a grass strip in the PNW area which we didn't add.  I verified that all files are correct, ie; no duplication in the CRM airport files.

ADE_FTX_SAK_AK7.bgl is indeed a dupe and can be removed but in any case shouldn't cause a problem.

The 14WA_Livingston_Bay files should not be removed.  Long story, leave it, they won't cause problems. 14WA_LZ_Ranch is accurate and is where the airports should be placed, 14WA_Livingston_Bay doesn't exist but can't be removed from FSX, this was our solution.

I'll look into the NCA airport issues later.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks for replying. Are you sure duplicate afcad files with the exact same icao is not going to cause an issue with flight sim?

Hi again David,

FSX will differentiate between between the two 14WA files by the airport name.  It was a choice between having no 14WA or what we did.

The ADEX_FTX_NCA_KHAF_Half_Moon_Bay_CVX_CVX.bgl can be removed it's a dupe of the _CVX file and old to boot.

0O5, Rodgers can be removed as FSX doesn't recognize it. 0O5, University is what shows up in FSX  but in real life it's been changed to KEDU.

Cheers, Neil

Hi again David,

After further checking I agree that WA04 and WA14 are probably the same .bgl files.  The correct WA04 files are what I said but it looks like we overwrote the WA04 files with the W14 files, not all that difficult to do when working with 100's of files, some of which are very close to the same name.  We will be sending out the correct WA04 files with the CRM Update for P3D P2.

Thank you for spotting this for I'm sure I would never have.

Cheers, Neil

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wanted to let you know, reinstalled everything from scratch, downloaded latest installers, here are a few outstanding issues still:

the latest PNW installer still installs both 14WA bgl airport files

-----------

And there are 2  6OR8 airport files

ADE_FTX_PNW_6OR8_Holce_&_Oblack.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_6OR8_Holce_&_Oblack .bgl

-------------

76S Oak Harbor is listed as 77S airport

------------

There are 2 8W9 airport bgl files

-----

2 CAB3 airport bgl files

---------

2 CAP5 bgl files

---------

WA80 listed as WA81

----

There are 3 WA81 airport bgl files

----

Vector is not picking up the  WA88 airport in PNW with the AEC scan

Hi David

I found some of your issues but the CAB3, CAP5, WA80 and WA81 issues (dupe files) don't show up in my installation (which shows as "up to date").  Vector doesn't pick up all FSX airports and Vector shouldn't be applicable within "regions" that are active.

The other issues I will try to get corrected when a service pack to done for PNW.

Cheers, Neil

I have found those duplicated files in my FTX_NA_PNW05_Scenery folder (I don´t have Vector).

I guess the old files are relics from the first DVD version but not have been removed with the follow-up  patches. Maybe a new installation from PNW 180 will not show those files anyway?

I deactivated those remaining old files (see file datum) with an bgl.xxx ending. I would appreciate to get confirmation for this.

Wulf

PNW180_duplicated_files.jpg

Hi Steve,

Your list looks fine to me but I'd also XXX the Fishermans_Bay_SPB as well, I only have the _LPS version (that is what "OurAirports" names it) and it looks OK to me. Those airports with a "_&_" in their name are easy to mess up as ADE doesn't add the "&" and we have to rename them and remove the old one which is easy to forget.   I'll add the 8W9_R_K_Skyranch to our list to remove.

Cheers, Neil

Hi David

I found some of your issues but the CAB3, CAP5, WA80 and WA81 issues (dupe files) don't show up in my installation (which shows as "up to date").  Vector doesn't pick up all FSX airports and Vector shouldn't be applicable within "regions" that are active.

The other issues I will try to get corrected when a service pack to done for PNW.

Cheers, Neil

All those files I listed are from a brand new install of the latest PNW installer from flightsimstore.

The AEC scan tool should pick up all airports like WA88 and disable the vector bgl files. It picked up all the other airports, something might be wrong with the WA88 afcad in the PNW folder?

Archived