Harvey field [Detail along runway]

Darryl

Hi just picked up some airports and a region from PCaviator, they had a sale ,, so far i tried Jefferson 0S9 and Harvey , Jefferson is perfect , no complaints, Harvey on the other hand could have been perfect but falls short only because the detail along the runway edge was skimped on , doesnt doe the airport justice, and when you tick full grass detail it looks out of place and add to frame loss,,, 0S9 got it right, their is better looking detail along the runway edge , and you dont need a long line of grass ,, Is there any hope for a Harvey field patch?

Detail is generally limited by the quality of imagery. Developers generally add as much detail as is possible, but if there is a specific area it would be helpful if you posted a screenshot so we can see what you are referring to:

Instructions here:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

When you tick the dense grass option , it looks good around the hangers and taxiways , but that long line of grass is out date , you need more variety, like at Bonner ferry . It sorta looks like a long line of grass put along a default runway , look at bonners ferry

• 9 months later...

Hi guys.

I recently purchased another bunch of Orbx airports to add to my steadily increasing collection. In my opinion S43 Harvey Field is the best so far; So much detail and so much action from the hot air balloons, the barbeque, etc.

But my favourite thing is to follow the train (in a slow flying vintage Eastbourne Monoplane) from S43 along the line to W16 Firstair. (Just love the clickety clack of the train) Wonderful scenery all the way!!  My only gripe is that the railroad track only appears on the wooden bridges, the rest of it is just a brown blur, even with all the sliders fully right. Just a minor thing I know, just sorta spoils the illusion a bit. Anyway, thanks Orbx...Still the best and getting better!!! :D

Archived