somthin wrong in sacramento

lthendrix

Hi, I tried to fly into Sacramento KSMF 3 times on sunday each ending with a g3d dll error  always within the Sacramento area as I approached from the north.

I had all my settings tuned as instructed flying default 737  and even without any autogen I still got the same error.

also I disabled utx usa completely to see if that helped ... it did not. also turned the bgls for airports in that area off in the my traffic folder to see if that perhaps was causing a conflict.  no joy. so  I did not get much enjoyment out of my purchase this weekend.

after my frustration abated I changed locations and I was able to do a flight in New Zealand instead from auckland to dunedin without incident ..... So I think there is some bugs around sacramento the orbx team needs to iron out besides giving us our capitol back.

eagerly awaiting sp 1 for norcal !

Hi Loren,

Is there a specific location where the crash occurs? FSX or P3D 1.4/2.1? And also are you using FSUIPC to try and prevent g3d.dll crashes?

There's nothing very unique about Sacramento that I think would cause consistent crashes, it's not nearly as system intensive as the Bay Area. 

Cheers,

Alex

Running FSX and no fsuipc to muck things up on my box.

no add on manager .

not running hi settings lod at standard 4.5 

funny I was able to fly out of ksfo to kpdx without incident.   but I never entered the central valley on that flight.

water settings 2x low 5 m mesh not 2 or 1

autogen off  ga traffic at 16 commercial at 29  (could this cause a problem?) does not seem to anywhere else.

after leaving KSEA I made it all the way to within 20 miles of ksmf then 15 and the last one was after my turn to final to land to the north at about 10 miles out.  So you can understand Seattle to Sacramento is a long flight  (for me at least)  so after 3 trys I had to give up and go to NZ.   the last time I got a g3d dll error was flying out of Arlanda in the rain but that was because I had forgot to dial back my settings after an all sliders to the right for a trike ride around YMUI.  but I am thinking that this time it is not my fault as I also noticed my fps only in the 30's around sac even with no autogen.... whereas my new zeland flight I was maintaining over 100 most of the time 

Archived