Australia SP4 - Download - Corrupt Install File

ads1080

Hi All,

I have just purchased Australia SP4 but have had an issue during the install process.  I have received the message 'A decompression error has occured (#2029)' during my 2nd attempt at installing along with the specific file name and its intended location.  The file that failed to decompress is '038b2wi3.bmp'.

I redownloaded (just in case) the installer after getting a corruption eror the first time I attempted an install so Id really prefer to not have to download this package again when it looks to be just an issue with this one file.  Re-running the Orbx Aus installer has the install process goes through fine but again stops at this same spot (leading me to believe just this one file is corrupt)...I click 'Ignore' and the process finsihes fine with the Orbx Launcher opening as expected.

So what Im hoping is that some kind soul will please send me a link (or the file itself) to '038b2wi3.bmp' so I can install it in the correct location and be good to go.  Does anyone see any issues with this approach?

I look forward to your feedback and welcome any questions you may have.  Thanks in advance! :)

Adam.

There are two installs of this file, Adam. The first is ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU18_CUSTOM and the second at ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU38_CUSTOM. The correct file size is 683 KB. Sooo ... if you have one the correct size then copy it to the other location. Get back to us and say how you get on please.

Mac

There are two installs of this file, Adam. The first is ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU18_CUSTOM and the second at ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU38_CUSTOM. The correct file size is 683 KB. Sooo ... if you have one the correct size then copy it to the other location. Get back to us and say how you get on please.

Mac

Hi Mac,

Thanks for the prompt response, I found the one in the FTXAU18 Texture folder and moved it over to FTXAU38, the file size was as you mentioned.

Do I need to get P3D to reinitialise any files or anything as a final step?

Thanks again for your help here Mac!

Sorry Adam,

I may have confused you. There must be TWO copies of the .bmp in the completed install, one in FTXAU18 and the other in FTXAU38. You must copy the "good" file so that both paths have the required file, not move the file. No, you will not have do do anything after copying, the error will automatically be corrected the next time you start P3D.

Sorry Adam,

I may have confused you. There must be TWO copies of the .bmp in the completed install, one in FTXAU18 and the other in FTXAU38. You must copy the "good" file so that both paths have the required file, not move the file. No, you will not have do do anything after copying, the error will automatically be corrected the next time you start P3D.

Hi Mac,

Sorry maybe the term used in my reply was off...I did actually 'copy' it instead of moving it...apologies for not being clear about that.  I have had no furfther issues so hopfully Im good to go here.

Thank you very much for the prompt assistance and keep up the good work, I cant wait for NZ for P3D V2!!

All the best Mac.

Archived