Circles on the ground near KTRM

Diofantos

Hi Diofantos,

Those circles are a representation of "center pivot irrigation" - a type of farming irrigation where a mechanical arm with sprayers attached to it "circles" a center pivot area.  The outside end of the arm rides on what might best be described as a tractor / lorry wheel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_pivot_irrigation would provide a far more detailed explanation that I just did.

Those rectangular water areas would either be "retaining ponds" that hold runoff water... or even perhaps "fish ponds" - both being other types of land usage in farming.  (Which occurs in a huge swath of central California.)

In real life, you would not see those "vector roads" crossing these areas, but in our little simulators we have to accept such.  8)

There is certainly nothing wrong with the circles and ponds they are normal agriculture depictions of real life. I would think if GE doesn't show circles then perhaps the wrong assigned textures may have been used, but it likely doesn't matter too much, whether or not it is totally correct.

I have noticed plenty of incorrect assignment, like grove of trees but its actually, subdivision...but given the complexity of trying to get it right, it takes bizillions of hours of work to fine tune stuff like this.

Archived