Black Square patches FTX : EU EGKA Shoreham Airport

spence

Order   #FSS0267266

Hi Guys n and all other species.

Just purchased the DVD-ROM and instant download for the FTX : EU EGKA Shoreham Airport today. Flew home late afternoon and placed the airport in to FSX. Loaded  a J3 cub to view the airport which at first glance looked OK,

But on approach of the taxi ways all the lights to both sides of taxi & runways have a large Black Squares. The light is dead centre to each Black square patch. 

I have checked the FSX settings and all seem to be the way set for: 

FTX EU EGML Damyns Hall Aerodrome

FTX EU EGSU Stapleford Airfield/

FTX EU EGHR Chichester/Goodwood Airport

FTX EU EGTR Elstree Airfield

FTX EU EGHI Southampton Airport

All of which show nothing of the same black squares except  FTXEU EGKA Shoreham Airport?

A clue is that the squares move according to the time of day for example: Night time No squares, 6 am morning the squares are off to the sides of the lights, At midday the are central over the lights. So they move with the shadows of the day and relative to the sun position?

Please any ideas 

Shoreham.jpg

After emails bobbing about between the vendor FlightSim Store (Austrailia) who sold the DVD/Rom & Instant download of the Orbx FTXEU EGKA Shoreham Airport.

It has alledgely, a programming fault relating to Active Shadows left in the program by devlopers for Orbx who are called Sim(720).

At this time there is no fix available according to both FlightSim Store or Orbx management who do not by the tones of there email to FlightSim store want the resposibility for the fault. However Simmers, they are still prepared to accept your money to purchase this Shoreham Airport product without a hint that it is currently faulty.

I was in fairness, advised by an Orbx developer who seems really helpful "Russ" in the UK that I could un-check ground shadows in FSX which would remove the Black Squares.(I've not tried this because I don't really want to alter the shadows for the rest of the world in FSX as they are a disirable effect & extra dimension.

I asked for a refund as no fix was offered now or in the future but that too was refused, because I downloaded it through FlightSim store, although I actually ordered the Disc version, The download is a perk of the purchase in this case.

For Simmers if you collect English Scenery & England airports the Black squares completely destroys the effect of the airport due to the quantity and large size of the squares along the Taxi ways during daylight hours in FSX , and if you have FSX set to cast ground shadows then its probably not for you.

It's One to avoid until someone wants to fix it. and save your $22.70 AUD.

Those simmers who do not have Ground shadows set in FSX, if the advice given by the Orbx developer "Russ" is correct, then this is a great addon.

and well worth the $22.70 AUD so buy it.

Hope this helps

Spence.

P.S If anyone knows where I am likely to find this Active Shadows tool in the Scenery file and how I can access it please! please! let me know. As I am unfortunately stuck with this poor effect I may as well try to find a resolve on here! Thanks Guys n Girls.

It's One to avoid until someone wants to fix it. and save your $22.70 AUD.

Archived