EDBH - Barth

No errors and Trusted all DLL's. ORBX sceneries do some pretty peculiar things at times, and it beats the c**p outta me . If I say anything bad towards ftx developers I get banned from posting anything. So I try to keep it simple and stay off the forums.

I had the same issue yesterday. Then I found out that I have to install a separate Orbx Library too, which is not included in the scenery package! You'll find the link somewere here in the forums in a 'sticky' thread.

Cheers Volker

Sent from my iPhone 6

ORBX sceneries do some pretty peculiar things at times, and it beats the c**p outta me . If I say anything bad towards ftx developers I get banned from posting anything. So I try to keep it simple and stay off the forums.

Yes.  It is often best to stick to the script, and state your problem, rather than abusing developers.  The scenery works, and is extensively tested before you get it, so generally abuse is not necessary.  It is particularly bad form when seeking support for Freeware!  You are correct ... unsolicited abuse may very well earn you a posting ban  ... as it should.

Have you updated the ORBX libraries as suggested above.

Okay.  If the Objectflow modules were installed, registered and trusted successfully and your libraries are up to date, I think we'll need a screenshot.  That might give the developer some clues as to what is missing in your install.

This is FSX?  DX9 or patched DX10?  Basic hardware information (Gfx card etc may be useful).  You mentioned ORBX sceneries do some odd things ... what other problems have you had?

Yes, FSX running DX9. Self built PC- EVGA GTX780, i7-980(4.25Ghz), 24Gb RAM and the list goes on, which in my opinion is reasonably capable. I could write a book on the problems i've had with my ORBX installed software and the crashes it has caused FSX, and I cannot work out why (please dont even mention the UIAnimationCore DLL). I have over the years bought fsx software addons from Aerosoft,UK2000 and more and none of their software has caused me any problems whatsoever and installs flawlessly and works (and look the dogs kahoonnas) everytime and the first time its installed.  I have decided to to remove EDBH - Barth as it is free and dont really need it, but it would have been nice if it had worked for me which it did not. " Have a nice day!"

No problems.  it's always hard to work out exactly why a particular user or system has difficulties, in the face of reasonable hardware, etc.

It seems to suggest something system specific (security software, registry entries etc).  Of course, not all scenery packages work in the same way, and in this case it sounds like the DLLs that control Objectflow are not functioning for your install. The reason for that is not clear.

Judging by the community screenshots section, many have managed to install the scenery without drama, which only thickens the plot further for your particular case..

Since you are uninstalling, I'll mark this one resolved.

Cheers.

Archived