ORBX Canberra Scenery

plane_flyer990

Hi Guys,

I posted a some what support comment in another section and I do understand that I did write that statement in a very bad tone, and I apologise alot for that. However, some of the responses from non-staff members, I felt were unreasonable, unfair and quite frankly hurtful!

Anyway!

I just recently bought ORBX Canberra and it dramatically reduces my frame rates. I'm not to sure why? It also doesn't look very detailed. Is there anyway to fix this?

All help would be much appreciated!

I am new to this, so please cut me some slack,

Regards,

plane_flyer990

Dear  plane_flyer990,

As I was one of the respondents to your other post, allow me to apologize, 'I am sorry for my hurtful comment,' it was not my intention to run you off, but only to reassure you that the issue with the product you are experiencing can be fixed and at the very least direct you as to the possible cause of the issue. We all have to start somewhere it was unfair that the topic got out of hand. Rest assured the staff, developers and team members are always there to assist.

I do hope that this is the beginning of a long and happy experience, once your issue is resolved, even though it was a rocky start.

Although your first post 'other thread' referred to "FTX Canberra Airport YSCB", is this still the case for this thread or is it "Canberra City Scape". 

"FTX YSCB Airport" must be installed into at the very least FSX + SP1 + SP2 or (Acceleration) along with the Prerequisite "FTX Australia SP3 or SP4"  for proper integration into the surrounding terrain,  + "FTX AU SP4.003 For Australian Regions and Airports". Or "AU BLUE region" As also Canberra City Scape is properly integrated by firstly installing the 'Region appropriate' and patches/SPs for that region.

Have a read through the PDF document about your product along with the proper FSX graphical setups and requirements, the info is quite comprehensive, allowing for earlier lower spec machines and best practice/performance FSX setups.

Also the free - "AU Mesh HolgerMesh for Australia" and 1 service pack for Canberra Airport "AU YSCB.110". And of course following these installations you will need to install the latest Orbx libraries, Currently - "131215"

Here are the links to ORBX Fullterrain support and Freeware, where you can download the necessary Patches  updates & Mesh.

http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html

Sincerely Jeff

Hi planeflyer,

From your other post I take it you are referring to YSCB Canberra airport, and not Canberra Cityscape.

I am NOT the developer of this airport, but a couple of suggestions:

It is a little hard to pinpoint exactly why you might be having Framerate issues, particularly if the scenery does not appear very detailed.  Conveniently there is a recent video for reference with the NGX at YSCB here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/71811-hd-pmdg737-australia-take-off-from-orbx-yscb/

There are also the product promo shots you would have seen before purchasing:

http://www.fullterrain.com/product_yscb.html

Take a look at both of these and tell us if your scenery looks comparable, or not.  If not, a screenshot will be helpful to see what you are seeing (or more specifically, not seeing). Instructions on how to post a screenshot can be found HERE

Finally, I think we need more information on what sort of hardware you are running.  ORBX airports contain almost every detail modeled, and they are demanding on modest systems.  There may well be a bottleneck that is causing the performance problems you are seeing (particularly if you are using 4096 textures, the NGX and a detailed airport with limited system resources)

Hello mate, plane_flyer990, for your information, I am posting here a few shots (v-key). You can observe that the average fps is 27. This will depend on RIG. Watch my - is not that great, but it gives perfectly. Put your RIG here (in your sig) and we'll see if it's enough. YSCB airport and Canbera cityscape are all wanderful sceneries. You'll like it.

Bjw4.jpg

DIpzZ.jpg

6vkD.jpg

AFTsE.jpg

4NVeS.jpg

iFQcM.jpg

See you in other fields, valleys, mountains, cities, departures, arrivals -  Australia is beautiful mainly in the world of Orbx.

Cheers, 

Sinesio

Dear  plane_flyer990,

As I was one of the respondents to your other post, allow me to apologize, 'I am sorry for my hurtful comment,' it was not my intention to run you off, but only to reassure you that the issue with the product you are experiencing can be fixed and at the very least direct you as to the possible cause of the issue. We all have to start somewhere it was unfair that the topic got out of hand. Rest assured the staff, developers and team members are always there to assist.

I do hope that this is the beginning of a long and happy experience, once your issue is resolved, even though it was a rocky start.

Although your first post 'other thread' referred to "FTX Canberra Airport YSCB", is this still the case for this thread or is it "Canberra City Scape". 

"FTX YSCB Airport" must be installed into at the very least FSX + SP1 + SP2 or (Acceleration) along with the Prerequisite "FTX Australia SP3 or SP4"  for proper integration into the surrounding terrain,  + "FTX AU SP4.003 For Australian Regions and Airports". Or "AU BLUE region" As also Canberra City Scape is properly integrated by firstly installing the 'Region appropriate' and patches/SPs for that region.

Have a read through the PDF document about your product along with the proper FSX graphical setups and requirements, the info is quite comprehensive, allowing for earlier lower spec machines and best practice/performance FSX setups.

Also the free - "AU Mesh HolgerMesh for Australia" and 1 service pack for Canberra Airport "AU YSCB.110". And of course following these installations you will need to install the latest Orbx libraries, Currently - "131215"

Here are the links to ORBX Fullterrain support and Freeware, where you can download the necessary Patches  updates & Mesh.

http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html

Sincerely Jeff

Thank you so much Jeff for you help!!

Really appreciated!

I will follow your instructions and will get back to you :))

Again, Thank You! 

Thank you all for your help!!!!

I will get back to you shortly and see how it goes. !

Thanks so much!!! Really really appreciated. 

Hi  plane_flyer990,

You are most welcome,

When you report back could you let me know which product you have - 'FTX Canberra Airport YSCB' or 'FTX Canberra Cityscape'. Would it be possible also to tell us a little more about your 'Puter' / Rig, ie Processor, Ram, Graphics, (Overclock, if any) Installation location for FSX, this will also help to determine further trouble shooting. 

You could add this info to your signature as I have below, then its always there for future reference, this is also the place to add your FSS order number/s for quick cross reference by staff when assisting you into the future.

Click the drop arrow next to your Forum login name - select 'My settings' - Select 'Signature' - then at the bottom you will find an edit panel just like the post edit panel - here you can add all the info for your profile signature. -- But don't forget to click the 'Save Changes' button when finished.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your No here

eg: FSS#*******    FTX YSCB Canberra Airport

FSS#*******    FTX Canberra Cityscape

FSS#*******    FTX Australia SP4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then your PC Specs below your Order#

Back to Canberra now.....

You will notice an Orbx YSCB control panel icon on your desktop for 'Payware YSCB Airport', also accessible in FTX Central, this panel is used to adjust some of the features around the airport, lessening the load on your CPU & Graphics, for example Ground poly, runway type, Peopleflow,  Static Aircraft, Some buildings, Static Vehicle Density, Lights, etc.. etc..  Most useful when your system is struggling with High Res textures and highly detailed aircraft like the NGX or PMDG, HD Rex textures and such.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers Jeff

Oops - Was going to add to my above post,  Edit option n/a now,  so some more questions here.

Forgot to ask which Operating system you have running & which Version of FSX. Have you installed any Aust regions ie; Blue, Green, Gold, Red, or the Whole FTX Australia covering all regions if so are they up to date with SP4.003.

Cheers Jeff

My pleasure  planeflyer,

Good to know you're back on track, although somewhat of a mystery what caused your low FPS and lack of detail, the only thing left to do now is......  go and have a whole lotta fun flying. 

If I could make one final suggestion, only if your interested though, over on the freeware page at fullterrain.com there is a walk around tool called "Bob" its like an invisible man that you can loadup like an aircraft from your Aircraft menu, you can then do a walk around all of the amazing detail at YSCB airport  http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html look in the utilities section about half page, Bob is pretty cool for up close and personal AP inspection.

Cheers Jeff

Archived