runway hight not correct

Demious

I've just started with Preparing for ORBX addons and bought FS global 2010 for FTX, with FS Global aerodrome Flattening meshes, planning for my next purchase of FTX Global Vector en Base and of course I want to see what I'm working on, so I downloaded the freeware airport addons, but I find that some airports aren't at the right elevation. I think most people will know the problem, I've seen plenty of example pictures of this problem going around and this should be fixed with the aerodrome Flattening Meshes program.

However, some airports are recognized and some are not. For example, the 2s1 Airport and also other airports from the NA freeware packs, like L35 or W48 aren't recognized by AFM. It are all airports with 3-digit ICAOs.

I've been looking for support, or a forum from Pilots, but since I cant find anything at all and FS Global 2010 for FTX is specially meant for FTX, I thought to post my question here:

What can I do to fix the elevation problem for airports with 3-digit ICAOs, since AFM doesn't recognize them?

Hi Demious,

I assume AFM means the aerodrome Flattening meshes.  All my freeware airports use stock FSX airport altitudes so AFM would need to fix the altitudes of even the smaller airports (those generally have 3-digit ICAO's).   Perhaps they've chosen to fix only the larger, more popular airports with AFM or there are more updates coming to clear up the smaller ones.

Cheers, Neil 

I use the FSglobalX 2010 and the Europe and Americas FSGlobal with the FTX Global/vectors .  The payware program  AFM to flatten more individual airports and the airports with 3 digit ICAO's is a separate purchase.  It is included with the Europe FSGlobal DVD set.  I use it and have many of my favorite airports elevations repaired.  Not all the small private airports are in the list however.  There are some airports which will not flatten correctly, I have found and accept it as the limitations of all the programs. I deal with it. I use it to flatten Neil's global airports, as needed.

The mesh applied with FSglobalX is amazing with FTX Global/vectors.  And it will work with P3Dv2 also.

WLP

It seems weird that FS Global aerodrome flattening meshes isn't fit for the smaller airports... It's a free extra with FS Global 2010 fór FTX (I even register it with the license key I got for FS2010), so it's specially meant to fix FTX software, I'd say. And specially FTX comes with a lot of those smaller airports, with 3-digit ICAOs... I'd think it would be logical that, for starts, all FTX airports would have been accounted for. But I'll have a look at which version I've got and/or should have for those smaller airports.

I indeed was looking at the combination of FS global 2010 + FTX Global Base and Vectors, that are gonna be my next purchases, it seems like a very nice upgrade. I've got P3D 1.4 at the moment, but once v2.1 is out I'm gonna buy the new one and I was indeed already planning ahead for that with FS2010 + FTX global base and Vectors.

Archived