Could not find file D:\MSFX\ORBX\Scripts\Aero\ftx_aero.xml

NewtGS

Sorry if this is the wrong area, new here. I searched for this and did not find anything that would shed any light on this problem. I just purchased the NA Blue PNW scenery, I have UTX also. After install I see this error message "Could not find file D:\MSFX\ORBX\Scripts\Aero\ftx_aero.xml". I also get this when trying to run the FTX Aero FSX.exe. When I look in the associated file I also see no ftx_aero.xml.

Is it important I have it? Scenery seems to be in place without it. But I am getting OOM problems after install. I uninstall and no OOM problems.

Is there a connection between the missing .xml file and the OOM.

Do I need the .xml file for correct performance.

What does the FTX Aero FSX.exe do?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

NewtGS

FSX-REX Essentials+-FSX Booster- Frictionlaity- FSCaptain-SimPhysicsX-UTX-ORBX_PNW.

Windows 7 64bit

i5 3570K

gigabite z77-dsh3 mobo

nvidia GTX 660 OC

8 gig memory

Just saw I needed to add my order number to my signiture untill I do I hope this is the next best thing.

Order#FSS0262528

NewtGS

Hi,

First, try installing the latest libraries along with the PNW patches available on the support page:

http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

The libraries contain a fresh copy of FTX Central and Aero which will replace the file if missing. If the message persists it is likely a permissions issue but let us know how it goes with a fresh install of libraries:

Regards,

Alex

Yep that did it much appreciated, On the OOM note I saw where the suggested settings were in the manual and mimicked those and had a flawless flight with no OOM. Unfortunately I am one of those who do not like to read the whole manual before testing, I just go and back step when things do not go quite right. 

Great add on and looking forward to purchasing Southwest Alaska and Pacific Fjords.

I hope you make Seattle a project airport would love to see that with the 3rd runway. 

Thanks for the help

NewtGS

Archived