FTX EU Wales EGFF - overlapping conflicting runways, markings, etc.

Andy Blair

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and this is my first attempt at posting a support request - so hopefully you'll go easy on me if I have unwittingly broken some rule or guideline... I've also only been using FSX for a few months, so again, apologies if this is basic or has been covered before (though I couldn't find another post specifically relating to his issue).

I've got quite a few FTX zones now and one of my favourites is EU Wales. I love the super-detailed Cardiff EGFF airport that came with it, however I notice when I am on the ground at EGFF, there seems to be two different sets of ground textures overlayed one on top of the other. Hopefully my screenshot shows what I'm talking about. Can anybody tell me what could be the cause of this and how can I fix it? When my plane is taxiing or sitting stationary at EGFF, every 30 seconds or so it 'bounces' on its suspension and there is a puff of tyre smoke, as though it has fallen a couple of feet. I also notice that when I turn on the progressive taxi guide, the yellow arrows cut across grass and/or lead me to parking spots already occupied by other aircraft.

It seems like there is another version of the airport under/overlapping the one that came with EU Wales. I rather keep the Orbx one and get rid of the other but I'm not sure how to.

I don't have any airport add-ons installed, such as UK2000, etc - I do have Traffic 360, REX Essentials Plus Overdrive (weather engine only) and REX Textures Direct. If that makes a difference?

oe2Om.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Archived