FTX Central error and broken scenery

Emi

Good Evening,

yesterday I tried to install my FTX AU Gold, but after installation I got very strange readings from FTX Central which was showing FTX Global twice (a very old version of FTX Central had been installed which seemed to recognize FTXG has it's own "region pack", but it did not offer me the FTXG specific settings such as the vector lights, etc. It only offered me the FTX Trees as it would with a normal region).

After I installed the latest ORBX Librarys which I downloaded from your website I am now seeing the normal FTX Central again, but each time I start it I get an error saying "Terrain.cfg has no [LandClasses] section".

Also my simulator is now showing Autogen on water.

This applies to lakes, rivers as well as oceans.

I have the feeling the installation of AU Gold has corrupted my whole scenery.

What shall I do to get it working normally again?

Best regards and a Happy New Year

Emanuel

Hi Spirit,

while that would be a solution this would also mean that I would loose my Autogen on each other scenery that has it's custom Autogen.

Since I have many many of them it would mean a high workload to get them all back in...

Do you maybe know if the ORBX installer makes a backup of old files before overwriting/editing them?

Do you maybe know if the ORBX installer makes a backup of old files before overwriting/editing them?

Sorry, I don't know if there's a backup before installation.

Maybe you can repair the terrain.cfg? There's for sure an original file in the root folder and if you compare the actual file with the original one you may be able to see the problem and repair the file.

Good luck

Spirit

I compared my file with the one from the thread linked above.

Indeed the whole [LandClasses] section is simply missing.

Now, if I simply copy the landclasses part into my old file, what will that do with all my addons such as FTXG, FTXG Vector, etc.?

Which other steps will I have to do to get everything working as it was before?

I compared my file with the one from the thread linked above.

Indeed the whole [LandClasses] section is simply missing.

Now, if I simply copy the landclasses part into my old file, what will that do with all my addons such as FTXG, FTXG Vector, etc.?

Which other steps will I have to do to get everything working as it was before?

Try it! That can make things only better. But you should copy parts into the actual terrain.cfg. Make a copy before and everything will be save.

Spirit

Archived