FTX Global - Priority in Scenery Library

pegasus1970

I just reinstalled my FSX and did install FTX GLobal 1.20 which i bought in FSS some weeks ago. I also installed FTX Global for the mesh data. I searched now for a longer time in google and couldn't find a helpful guide to place ftx global with the correct priority and position in FSX. Actually FTX Global is placed in the scenery library as it placed automatically with the setup routine. (first 3 entries in the scenery library just over "Edwards_AFB". Is this position correct for perfect visuals in fsx?

I ask me if it is not better to place ftx global after/below the entries addon-sceneries/propeller objects.

It would really helpfully to get detailed information and support from your side in order to get the perfect results with ftx global.

thanks a lot. looking forward to hear from you very soon.

sincerely

steven

Welcome to the forum, Steven.

Please have a look at this thread:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/

This will explain how the whole thing works. FTX Global replaces the default Microsoft landclass tile textures with the new ones, they're located in the scenery/world/textures and have nothing to do with the library.

"... I also installed FTX Global for the mesh data. ..." FTX Global doesn't contain any mesh data. Aren't you talking by any chance about the FS Global mesh product? If yes - the installer will place it correctly into the scenery, I guess just above the Edwards etc. ... (I don't have FSX fired up).

Hi Vlad Maly

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I have FSX installed with SP2 and I do also have installed FS Global 2010 as Mesh. It seems that I have the same order of placement of FTX Global 1.20 in the scenery library.  I have actually the problem, by example in switzerland, that I don't see any villages and also almost no autogen-buildings. Thats why I ask me what is the reason for.

Archived