Problems with purchase of PAKT and PAJN

MIkeSchmitt

Forgive me ahead of time if this covered in another post elswhere in the forum or hopefully not in the FAQ. At least beyond how to uninstall if that turens out to be the case.

Purchased both PAKT and PAJN last night and as the screenies show there are obvious problems with my install. After install I realized I missed something and did not not download and instal Pacific Blue Fjords and Southenr Alaska is thie cause and if so once I purchance and instal witht hat cure my woes. Other than these anomallies this is some of the best scenery I have ever seen. Great job. ::)

PAJN Why all these snow banks over the runway?

Scrshot29.jpg

Scrshot27.jpg

Scrshot26.jpg

PAKT Wheres did the the water go? I visited this place on a cruise in 2012.

Scrshot25.jpg

Scrshot24.jpg

Scrshot23.jpg

Hi Mike, as with all Orbx airports they are designed to work with the FTX regions, not using them together with the regions causes issues such as these as you correctly identify in your opening post. This is because the airports are made to the elevation and vector data contained in that area of the FTX region, which quite often differs largely from the elevation and vector data from default FSX in the same region, so compatability with both is not possible. 

Let us know if you have any further issues once you have purchased the respective regions.

I have installed the two regions that affect each airport and the problems are gone. Wow is all I can say, Ketchikan looks very close to the way it did when we visited  a year or so ago. Great job and I look forward to downloading and installing many more of your sceneries. Great job and thanks for the prompt reply. Have a Happy New Year.

Archived