PAEN flashing black boxes around runway lights and taxiways

jeanmarcwatson

Hi. 

My order number is FSS0255813.

I bought PAEN (Jenai) yesterday and I have failed to find out how to remove the flashing black boxes that overlay the textures and seem to be associated with the lights as well as larger flashing black boxes elsewhere on the tarmac? When I am overflying the runway and look behind I also see a perfectly straight line of black boxes running along the centre of the runway, tilted at 45 degrees.

I've tried with DX9, DX10, with DX10 Corrector ON and OFF. I've also tried with all other payware scenery and airports disabled, apart from ORBX and I've also tried with just PAEN as the only payware airport enabled and I was still unable to removed the black boxes. The boxes only seem to appear on the tarmac and anywhere there seems to be a shadow on a building. I've also tried a re-install of PAEN and running with only the Southern Alaska scenery enabled.

I tried with  ORBX Broome (as an arbitrary choice for comparison) and that airport seemed fine?

I would have posted a screenshot but I was unable to figure out how to do this using this forums interface/options?

I'm also getting a similar issue with Juneau but I accept that this airport is not officially supported under DX10?

Does anyone have any clues as to how I can get rid of this boxes? I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having some issues, I really need to see a screen shot of this problem to help you further, please take a couple of screen shots that clearly show the problem and use the information in the link below to post them here.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having some issues, I really need to see a screen shot of this problem to help you further, please take a couple of screen shots that clearly show the problem and use the information in the link below to post them here.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Hi.

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is the screenshot you requested.

Cheers.

1kj0g.jpg

Hi,

Hi again.

I also added another screenshot which shows the runway and airfield from a different angle with very obvious rotated black squares along the centreline and bigger more conspicuous black boxes at other positions. I also tried changing the ClipMode setting in the camera.cfg file to normal for VC and Spot and this made no difference either.

What puzzles me is that my first reaction was that this is a DX10 problem but given that I also get the problem running DX9 and I also running DX10 when I have the DX10 option selected in the control panel, I guess it is something else? I also suspected scenery but I whittled enabled scenery (add-on) down to only ORBX enabled for PAEN and Southern Alaska and the same thing occurred?

V8m9B.jpg

And another odd thing is that when I run PAJN in DX9 mode, I still get odd flashing textures by the side of the runway and all of the building shadows appear to be flashing? In DX10, which I put down to known incompatibility, I get solid black boxes under some of the static aircraft.

Here's a screenshot of PAJN:

KzFcq.jpg

Hi,

Hi again.

I also updated to the latest Nvidia drivers this afternoon and still the same issue with PAEN.

Cheers.

Hi, it looks like you are running P3D V2 as this issue has not been seen during testing in either FSX or P3D V1.x

P3D V2 is currently not fully supported as we are waiting for some compatibility files from a 3rd party, however full P3D V2 support will be provided as soon as we are able, so dont worry :)

Hi, it looks like you are running P3D V2 as this issue has not been seen during testing in either FSX or P3D V1.x

P3D V2 is currently not fully supported as we are waiting for some compatibility files from a 3rd party, however full P3D V2 support will be provided as soon as we are able, so dont worry :)

Hi.

No, I'm running FSX. I removed P3D-V2 from my PC last week.

Cheers.

Hmm, ok thats strange.... could you turn off the object ground shadows option in the FSX display menu and tell me if the issue remains please? 

Yep. I tried that yesterday but with a combination of other things turned off and it did nothing. However, I just tried again now with ONLY the 'Ground Scenery Shadows' checkbox deselected and the problem has gone away.

Seems you found the culprit. Is this a "fixable" issue?

Cheers for your help.

Archived