Cannot install PNW

OldnSlow

Hi guys,

I am a mature flight simmer trying to install my Christmas present but the install for PNW doesn't seem to work. As soon as I try to apply the North America scenery in FTX Central the dialog box below appears and true enough, the directory "Backup" does not exist. If I click "Continue" FTX Central just hangs. Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers

onDHc.jpg

It seems that I may have found the problem.

After installing FTXORBXLIBS the error dialog no longer appears. Further testing is required but I am quietly confident that my problem has been solved.

A pity the PNW user guide didn't mention this. 

Hi,

That error is indicative of missing libraries, the PNW installer states to always install the latest libraries after any new product installation. The reason for this being that the libraries contain core items that are updated from time to time or may need to be refreshed.

Regards,

Alex

It seems that I may have found the problem.

After installing FTXORBXLIBS the error dialog no longer appears. Further testing is required but I am quietly confident that my problem has been solved.

A pity the PNW user guide didn't mention this.

PNW is an "old" product but I agree with you ORBX should enclose an additionnal warning into the download zip for latest buyer :D

I am doing a re-install and had the same problem.....make sure that the installer is pointing to the correct directory!  When installing for P3Dv1.4 it has a nasty habit of trying to install it in FSX. And of course make sure you have all the updates (if any) and then finally the Libs. Good Luck.

Archived