PAEN

stoney

Just installed PAEN Kenai, and it looks great.       However,  I find it hard to believe that the sea plane strip doesn't freeze over in January.  Am I wrong ?                      

Cheers   

All Orbx airports are designed to work with the corresponding FTX region. In the case of PAEN the region is FTX SAK (southern Alaska) running an Orbx airport without the corresponding region will lead to elevation and vector issues. FTX GLOBAL is not the same as FTX regions, the regions contain accurate data specific to the geographic area covered, and it's this data that the airport relies on. 

To answer your question Stoney.... Indeed the float pond probably does freeze over, but i made it not freeze so that people wanting to fly float planes would not be disadvantaged to summer month operations only.

Thanks for the reply Russ.     What about tying in freezing over of the float pond to selection of seasons.  Really, there aren't  many bush outfits that fly floats in the winter.   Realism, please.  You give us snow ,  why not ice for heavens sake.   c'mon !!!! 

Archived