FSX Default Option Missing from FTX Central?

Horus King

Hello All,

First and foremost; a big thank you to all involved in producing this fabulous addition to FSX!

I have installed ENG and Global, plus the updates for global and library pack (last). But my FSX default (within Central) has dissapeared. Any ideas?

When I installed Global I decided not to (schoolboy error) backup my FSX file. Is this why I can no longer see the default FSX option? 

Thanks

Hello Horus

Firstly welcome to the forum, secondly could you post a screen shot of your FTX Central panel. 

Info on how to post a  screenie here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

FTX Central begins life with a  "Default FSX icon" along with any region you have installed, ie: Default FSX & Europe, in your case Default FSX will change to FTX Global & Europe remains as is after Global is installed, "FTX Global" is actually the new Default texture set.

As far as not choosing to have the Global installer run the default texture backup, I am not sure what you might do about that, but I'm pretty sure that once you have experienced FTX Global you won't ever want to return to Default FSX ever again.

Cheers merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Jeff

I learned that this is ok and wanted by FTX cause FTX Global now is your "Default" scenery - there is no going back to the FSX scenery unless you reinstall your FSX backups which you did during the FTX Global installation.

Cheers Tom

Hello Tom,

Your reply is much appreciated and makes perfect sense.

Mark

Hello Horus

Firstly welcome to the forum, secondly could you post a screen shot of your FTX Central panel. 

Info on how to post a  screenie here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

FTX Central begins life with a  "Default FSX icon" along with any region you have installed, ie: Default FSX & Europe, in your case Default FSX will change to FTX Global & Europe remains as is after Global is installed, "FTX Global" is actually the new Default texture set.

As far as not choosing to have the Global installer run the default texture backup, I am not sure what you might do about that, but I'm pretty sure that once you have experienced FTX Global you won't ever want to return to Default FSX ever again.

Cheers merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your words of welcome; time always seems in such short supply so I appreciate your prompt response.

Your reply makes perfect sense, so as I understand it, Global is essentially now my new default. I have ENG v1.0 1040 Oct 2013 installed; would you suggest installing the updates? I only bought it recently and wasn't sure if the updates were already included?

Mark

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your words of welcome; time always seems in such short supply so I appreciate your prompt response.

Your reply makes perfect sense, so as I understand it, Global is essentially now my new default. I have ENG v1.0 1040 Oct 2013 installed; would you suggest installing the updates? I only bought it recently and wasn't sure if the updates were already included?

Mark

Apologies, I have ENG V1 Nov 2012.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Archived