I uninstalled Global demo and now have startup errors -

raymar99

I was having weird things happen with my pc soon after installing your FTX Global demo.  Not know for sure what was causing this strange behavior I uninstalled the Global demo using the Win7 Control Panel. I did not have an 'uninstaller' on the desktop like the pdf states or anyplace that I could locate.  I rebooted and used FTX Central to select or verify I was in the NA area.  I received a popup windows error box stating

Terrain.cfg has no [LandClasses] section

I loaded FSX anyway and my airplane is mostly underground or above ground depending on the Orbx airport plus other out of place looking items.

Suggestions please?

Ray

When I search on this error, one of the suggestions was to download and replace the corrupt terrain.cfg file. The download that I get is named terrain.cfg in the post but when I download it it is a 20 kb file named index.php and looks like trash when read with notepad.

If I had a good terrain.cfg when 'exactly' would I put it?

Also someone suggestion was to delete the scenery.cfg and let Orbx rebuild it.  That did not solve my problem with the Terrain error.

Thanks.

Ray

I downloaded a terrain.cfg file that Holger had made available in another post and that helps.  The problem now is the water is not to be found in the Orbx areas.  The area around the add-on airports seem to be correct but at the border of the improved airport area is just trees and woods - no water.

Help Please,

Ray

Hi Ray,

If you've got a copy of the default terrain.cfg you can start with that, or download it here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=16546

Unzip that, and drop it in your root FSX folder, it should ask to overwrite. Next open FTX Central and cycle from Global to North America. If you have any other regions repeat the process and that will reinsert the terrain.cfg entries.

Alex

Archived