Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

soundrats

Hello,

I just purchased FTX Global. It says I have to have MICROSOFR FRAMEWORK 4.0 before install of FTX Global. After a complete new Win7 setup I have MICROSOFR FRAMEWORK 4.5 on my machine. Microsoft says: "NET Framework 4.5 is a highly compatible, in-place update to .NET Framework 4."

Does this mean I can install it on FRAMEWORK 4.5? Or do I have to install FRAMEWORK 4.0? 2x NET FRAMEWORK on the machine?

Thnx for answer Tom

Order Number: FSS0251400
Order Date: 2013-12-17

Hi Tom,

Yes, that should be OK.  The 4.5 version was built as a 'replacement' for 4.0, instead of the early methods of side by side installs, and is compatible.

Cheers,

Ron.

Thnx Ron, that is exactly the answer I like to hear.

Kind Regards Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes, that should be OK.  The 4.5 version was built as a 'replacement' for 4.0, instead of the early methods of side by side installs, and is compatible.

Cheers,

Ron.

Maybe there are problems. FTX Central has no DEFAULT Button only FTX GLOBAL Button. And I get the message the that application is not correct installed if I close FTX CENTRAL. Same problem I had today after installing UTX Europe. Can this be a NET FRAMEWORK issue?

Kind Regards Tom

Hi Tom,

FTX Global replaces the default button, that's normal.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61368-ftx-global-update-july-2013-hybrid-mode/

When installing, make sure UAC is off, also no antivirus running etc. and you have enough disk space to install.

What exactly is the error given?

I don't have dot net 4.0, only 4.5 and everything runs fine.

Ron.

Hi Tom,

Windows 7 often tells that;  'the Application 'may' not have installed correctly', with  a couple of choices, either try again or use compatability mode or similar.  Just say no, exit and ignore if this is the case.

It should only give that message once, if it does it every time, say no, then install again, this time, right click on the installation file and select 'run as administrator'.

with no other specific errors, I would try to start FSX and see how it looks.

Ron.

Archived