Water Textures on Land in Scotland

haegri

I am getting small patches of water texture on land in Orbx Scotland. I've searched the forums, but can't find anything corresponding exactly to my problem. The following may be relevant:

1. Although the patches occur in the same areas, they are not constant - they often become land textures at random as I'm flying around them, particularly in top view, and them sometimes change back to water again. However, the land textures that appear don't seem to look right either - bits of road in them and so forth - possibly not Orbx textures?

2. This started to happen immediately after I installed England and Wales. However, I've only seen the problem in Scotland so far - I've had Scotland installed for some time, with no problems previously.

3. The only thing I've done to try to remedy it was to alter the priority of Scotland and England in the scenery list - no difference.

I have installed: PNW; Scotland, England, Wales. Also UTX Europe, lower in the prority list.

This is a link to two images illustrating the problem

https://sites.google.com/site/fileferrer/orbxpix

My order numbers are below.

haegri (John)

Order 224265

Order Number: FSS0246303

Hi John,

It looks like your terrain.cfg has incorrect or corrupt values inserted. Let's try starting fresh and re-inserting the values. Here is a copy of the default terrain.cfg:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=16546

Download that, unzip, and place the terrain.cfg in your root C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder. You can backup or delete the one that is currently there.

After that open FTX Central and set it to Default (or Global without hybrid checked) and then set it to Europe. If you have North America or Oceania just set it to default again and then those regions. Doing so will reinsert the terrain.cfg values.

Regards,

Alex

Yup, that was it! Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll keep the replacement terrain.cfg handy in case it tries to do it again.

Do other scenery addons - such as UTX - have to be re-activated so that they are registered in the new terrain.cfg?

Archived