FTX Global Problem with PMDG NGX lights

mpe737

Hello,

I recently purchased FTX Global. After having installed this great tool most of the outside lights of my pmdg 737 800 ngx don´t work anymore. Its a little bit strange:

Landing lights, taxi lights and anti collision lights on the top, bottom and end of the 737 don´t work. The flashing lights at the end of the wing work as usual. I have already posted this problem in another forum but it seems that no one could help. 

Is there anybody who has this problem, too? How can I fix that?

Any answer is welcome. Thank you!

Best regards

Michael

Hi,

a little update to my problem with the 737 ngx lights. On Sunday I installed the Iceland demo.

Putting my 737 ngx on a runway in Iceland and all lights went fine and worked as they should. I flew a little bit within the scenery of Iceland and everything went fine.

In all other surroundings I had still the same problem with the lights as described above.

In the evening I installed the patch 1.2 and it seems like as a result of this, the lights of the 737 ngx in the Iceland-scenery don´t work too.

I am wondering what is going on. The problem is really strange. For example you can see the shine of the lights on the runway when you choose the outside view. Switching to the cockpit view there is no shine on the runway.

I read somewhere in the www that PMDG is using 3D lights for its 737 ngx too. May be the new nightlightning of ftx is influencing the PMDG lights in some way? However, it makes no difference whether the FTX nightlightning is switches on or off via the ftx central light tweaker.

I´am wondering if there is anybody out there having the same problems or can help.

Best regards

Michael

I'm having a very similar problem, however with FTX Australia and YMML.

My installation of FSX is fresh, with no addons except FTX Australia, YMML, YMEN, YMMB, REX and PMDG737NGX.

Today while testing and taking off from YMML in the 737NGX, things seemed initially fine. However I noticed the landing lights from the external view were not working, however from the virtual cockpit I could still see the ground.

Then I noticed that all taxiway and runway lights at Melbourne were gone, leaving half the airport area pitch black. The PAPI was still there, though. Over at Essendon, however I did see that the runway lights were still active however no blue taxiway edge lights.

I'm not confident in landing at an airport with no lights.

Even when I disabled YMML, YMEN and YMMB through FSX scenery library, the runway and taxiway lights were still absent on default scenery.

To make things even more confusing, I switched to the default 747, 737 and even the default Baron and all of them now mysteriously showed the properly illuminating NGX landing lights in external and cockpit views, whereas I couldn't even see them on the PMDG itself.

I will uninstall the 737NGX tomorrow afternoon and see what happens.

Brian

(havent had time to do signature yet

order numbers

YMML FSS0250564

FTX Aus SP4, YMEN, YMMB FSS0250157)

Hi Brian,

thanks, I am not alone! Today I tried again several things. Finally I decided to try out what happens when I switch to DX10 preview. While closing the fsx it crashed totally and it was not possible to start the fsx again. There is a little tool called "flusifix"  see http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/, available in english langauge too. It builds up a new fsx.cfg and .... everyhing is fine now. Only the fps are around 25 to 30% less than before. So, maybe this is a way for you too to get everything to work. Maybe there is a problem with the installer of ftx. Just save your old fsx.cfg and try it out. Would be nice if you could give me a feed back if that works with you too.

Best regards

Michael

Archived