FTX: EU EGML Damyns Hall Aerodrome

spence

Hi ORBX Members, This is my 1st post and I need a little help with a new installation.

I have purchased a download from Simware for Damyns Hall aerodrome, the latest version which has high bit res and textures, 

After installation windows popup stated it may not have installed correctly.

I reinstalled using the recommended settings but when the airport loads everything is hovering above ground, buildings Cessna's walkway's & cabins. Virtually all of the airport add-on is suspended with exception to the aircraft selected. this can taxi beneath the structures.

Has anyone had a similar or same issue, This is the 1st time I've seen this type of behaviour from a program.

Hoping someone can assist.

Spence.

Hi, Thanks for the reply,

To answer "have you installed the latest patches and Orbx libraries?"  To my knowledge there is 3 update patches & a library file update, all have been installed.

I have despite this original issue found that OrbX control centre in the "Lights tweaker" panel has problem too? The panel is all out of sync. The backround colour panel does not fill the box and the Light effect types in the square boxes are not displayed correctly nor are the spheres for the light sizes. ??

It maybe that I have a bad file in windows " Does this seem likely?" as the same controll panel issues are seen in Traffic 360 ! out of sync.

I have recently found hard 54 hard drive errors which I repaired with a seagate's repair disc repair tool from the disc. I re-ran the disc some days later to find no errors. So could it be that the Scenery error and OrbX lights tweaker panel along with Traffic 360 conrol panels could signify orther issues in windows rather then my reported problems with FTX: EU EGML Damyns Hall Aerodrome?

FSX runs completely fine as does all other scenery and addons with no problems experienced the 3 Orbx updates & scenery Libs are working as the additions to landmass such as night road lights/Football clubs structure ect are clearly in the scenery.

Thank you to all those for reading.

Hi Russ, Thanks a great deal for the reply to my hovering  Damyns Hall Aerodrome  issue.

I will take a look at those settings and adjust if as you say they could be, set incorrectly.

I will come back asap with the outcome.

Thanks again Russ. Much appreaciated.

Have a great Christmas if I dont get back intime with the result,

and a Merry Christmas to the all the ORBX team & members.

Spence.

Remember: guy's dont drink n Fly.but enjoy a simulation Christmas !!

Thanks.

Russ' suggestion is correct.  In settings/customise/scenery, set the scenery mesh resolution to <=5 and the problem of floating scenery will be corrected.

I think this needs to be highlighted in the product's readme file to save other paying customers experiencing the same frustrations and wasted hours!

Glad to eventually find the solution on here at least, so thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Alex, Russ &  Speedbird -1 & ORBX forum Members.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR"

Reporting Back on the issue I was seeing that The Damyns Airfield was "Up in the Air" Hovering.....................?

I am pleased to report that this has now been fixed, The information described by Russ & Speedbird-1 is absolutely correct,

(FirstClass information) Thanks guy's...............that the Mesh resolution needs to be set at 5mtrs or less to land the airfield.

I found that I had hardware failure at the begining of the issues for example: The FSX program was sat with Windows on the primary harddrive was producing errors which before I could apply the resolution adjustments from Russ 

Sadley I lost Windows OS & of course FSX & the reasons for the Damyns Airfield issue.

Not knowing the cause of the Desktop startup failure, I was spurred on to complete a new build started 10 months ago with better specs from a AMD 2 core 3.1Mhz  to Intel i5 water cooled & more Ram now 16Gb along with  better PSU.

So after reinstalltion of ALL scenery in to FSX including the Orbx airfieds (4 of them) dotted around London, I showed no weakness in my rediness to actually read the PDF's for once. Unlike me, I would avise all installers get into the habit of reading the supporting info supplied

With this and the system upgrades I could send all the FSX sliders to the FAR RIGHT & Whoopy Doo !!!! Not only has the Damyns Airfied landed but superb graphics too. Well impressed with the new look FSX & the Orbx scenery.

But not forgetting you 3 guys, Alex Russ & Speedbird-1 for your help in resolving the Damyns Airfield "It's all in the air"

That's It.

Spence

Archived