Almishea

Hello,

I am very new to this type of thing.  I installed fsx gold edition.  I just purchased orbx global and now that I have it in a folder on my desktop I have no idea where to put it for fsx to see it.

That is just the start of my problems.

I am running a triple 27" monitor setup with the Nvidia 770 GTX.  I have a Trackir 5 plugged in.  Saitek x52 pro flight pack with rudder pedals and a new computer with more than enough guts to run every thing I have.  The problem is that I put the cart in front of the horse and now have tons of questions and cant even get a $100 addon to run with FSX.

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!!

Ben

Hi Almishea and welcome to FTX and the forums.

Firstly, the Orbx folder needs to be installed within the FSX folder.

If you go back to the forums main page, scroll down to the Frequently Asked Questions subsection of the Payware Support Forum and search for installation according to what OS you have and how your system is set up. Most situations are covered in FAQ's.

One suggestion though, it helps if you have info about your system at the bottom of your signature (see below for specs on mine). Just click the arrow next to your ID at the top of the page and select "your settings" which will take you to your account, then look on the left side of the screen and select "your signature" and type away.

Always read the installation information which is just before the license agreement when you go to install new Orbx files. Sometimes there are certain things that have to completed before installation. Always makes for a smooth installation. I just now finished reformatting my main drive and started fresh again because the GPU died. I just got done installing 6 NA regions (including Tongass Fjords) and 12 payware FTX airports and just took the maiden flight to test the install and everything worked just fine.

Archived