Undesired FTX Tamworth Scenery Changes - ORBX Global the Cause?

bendyflyer

Hi just a quick note. I use FTX AU (all regions) ORBX Global, Holgar Mesh and have installed FTX TW. I am very familiar with the terrain and landscape features around TW having flown there for many years as a military QFI. I have noticed that following the installation of ORBX Global that the terrain is now covered with urban density housing like suburbs where there should be farmland only and that is is evident all over the area for quite a distance from TW as far as Gunnedah and elsewhere, it is very strange to be looking at blocks of houses and urban landscape where there should be open countryside and farms.

Any ideas as to why this is now like this and is there a fix to take it back to where it was previously

Interesting, I don't think Global could be the cause since it does not install any landclass files for Australia. Are you flying with FTX Central set to Australia/Oceania or to Global? Also, could you provide a screenshot of the errant terrain? Here's how to attach a screenshot: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex will do as suggested, have been off line due other issues (Broadband probs) As I said having urban housing where there should be farmland is weird! I have made no other additions or changes as all my continental Australian scenery is the ORBX Au packages. The only change recently was the library update but I don't think that would do this, looks like some sort of autogen problem. I am currently about to install the Au update and patches, will see what happens then,

Alex problem has dissappeared. Loaded the  FTX Global Patch and reloaded the Libraries update and then AU latest patch. Scenery is back to normal. Only comment I can make is that it would appear the draw program was misreading tree objects for houses and drawing buildings not trees.

Issue resolved.

Archived