A number of minor problems - Tell me how to fix

jib01

Here goes...

I purchased your boxed products from PC Aviator.  Some of the DVDs were hard to install on Windows 7 but they installed.  On Windows 8 however, the DVD player could not read your DVDs so I had to install on an XP system and then copy them over to the Windows 8 system.  I assume that all the programs should port over fine but no.  Wisth Spokane Felts Field the buildings are missing.  The pointer in the Scenery file is there.

How should I repair the port over and is it ok to overwrite previous files ??

2nd problem....

I purchased the Fjords from you and did not bring the files with me to Arizona.  I need to download them again and my emails are gone from the purchase.  I might have a printout.  How can I redownload Fjords ?

Thanks

William Jibby

Hi William,

For Felts field, go to (FSX root folder)\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSFF\scenery and run ModuleInstaller.exe. When FSX runs the next time mark sure to click OK when it asks if the module is trusted.

As for redownloading, you can access all downloads in your FlightSimStore account.

Regards,

Alex

Again on the topic of your DVDs not being recognized by Windows8...

Just to review.

I installed my 4 packages in an XP system.  One at a time and then transfered them to the Windows8 system.  Over writing common files it complained about.  The ground texture seem to be fine.  I am not getting buildings at the airfields expecially at Spokane KSFF.  All the dirs are showing up in the Scenery file.   So what is missing ??  How do I fix this problem ??

Hi William,

Lets continue on this thread.

Not being familiar with Windows 8, but taking an educated guess, this sounds like Windows file permissions (protection for the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders.  Usually this results in an "Access is Denied" or similar message.

Have you installed FSX into the default location?  If so, then windows will quite often (and erratically) prevent other programs from modifying things in this folder.  A similar thing happens in Windows 7.

Having said this, many users have successfully installed the software under Windows 8.  I am not certain how to overcome the default folder issue, if this is indeed what you are experiencing.

Typically this involved logging in as a "Super Administrator" and taking possession of / removing protection for the given folder.

Most users find it simpler, easier and less frustrating to put their FSX installation in a "non-standard"  (ie not Program Files (x86)) location.

Hi William,

For Felts field, go to (FSX root folder)\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSFF\scenery and run ModuleInstaller.exe. When FSX runs the next time mark sure to click OK when it asks if the module is trusted.

As for redownloading, you can access all downloads in your FlightSimStore account.

Regards,

Alex

Well now I have roofs and white grass.  Some progress but not enough.   No sides to the buildings.

regards

Thanks for letting me reply like a normal person....

Well now I have roofs and white grass.  Some progress but not enough.   No sides to the buildings.

regards

Thanks for letting me reply like a normal person....

OK, my fault this time.  I had the graphics turned down load and the autogen way low.  turned it up and all is well.  Thanks.

I will be checking the other installs for airports and buildings and then report back.

thanks again Regards\

William jibby

Archived