FTX Global will not install correctly - help please ?

willow

Hello;

I have purchased FTX Global.  Before installing I ensured that Microsoft Net Framework V4 was installed.

I began the install process, however the program never installs any FTX global files.  It backs up my old textures and the alert box asking to wait and ensure all files are loaded displays on my computer after a green line states files are being prepared.  However, the alert box does not change status - I have left it on the screen for over an hour.  Surely this is enough time to unwrap and install files.

I checked the FS10/ORBX directory and note that there are no FTX Global files listed here - only the region packages I have installed.

I have attempted to install three times with the same result.

Can someone advise what to do - thank you,   WilloW

Hi Iain,

That is odd! So in your Flight Simulator X\ORBX folder there is no FTX_OLC folder? When you open FTX Central does it still display the "Default" button or has that switched to "Global"?

That should help give us an indicator where the installer is getting hung up.

Also, are you running the installer as an administrator, from an unzipped folder?

Regards,

Alex

Hello Alex

Thank you for the VERY prompt reply.  I have solved the issue...

When I made the backup texture folder it was very large and together with several programs residing on my desktop and FTX Global, there wasn't enough hard disk room to install FTX Global.   There wasn't an alert indicating "low disc space" so I didn't even think of this.

Once I removed the backup texture folder to another disc and deleted unwanted programs that has already been installed, FTX Global installed flawlessly (I hope...)

Sorry to waste your time.   Cheers,    WilloW

Archived