No glidescope at NZWP

Flyer58

I have mentioned this before and notice a couple of other posts

No glide slope at Whenuapai Auckland , comments mentioned say that this may be to do with the Military  Freq ...but there is a glide slope at Ohakea  so why one and not the other.

Cliff

I flight checked with a couple ILS's to each end and all is good.. I wouldn't trust my flight though to the VASI that was already set up though. Very very shallow and I couldn't find the objects to adjust it. For now though the ILS's will do.

Remember to make a backup copy for your own safe keeping  of ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZWP.BGL located in your Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY\scenery   and simply drop this one in it's place.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BytroK7r9nufR180Z2JfX0dLSDg/edit?usp=sharing

Hi Dave, Just had a look at the chart for NZWP at the New Zealand AIP and the runway only has a localiser, not a full ILS. Pilots are instructed to fly a DME arc then descend when they have the localiser. There may be a military VORTAC but this would not be used by civil flights. So, the AFD file in the FTX pack is correct as far as the official charts are concerned.

Norman

• 2 weeks later...

Archived