Another FTX Central problem

G-BVOB

Hi, Sorry another FTX Central problem and request for help please. I have the "FTX Central has stopped working" message which is preventing me installing my Orbx products. Same on-screen message as David Goodhue, only none of Tim's solutions worked.

After a three month layoff from my main FS computer I had a graphics card problem which is now resolved. I decided to do a complete uninstall and re-install of FSX with just the add-ons which I use regularly, and to thin out the unused rubbish. On reinstalling Orbx UK regions, think it was Scotland after England+patches then Wales+patches, I started getting the FTX Central stopped working message. I also ran into issues with Northern Ireland install turning all my water to land. I searched the FAQ and for every similar problem message and tried all the fixes - nothing worked. I've installed, tried and uninstalled various versions of dotNet to see if that was the problem.

Two complete reinstalls of FSX later I've now used the default Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder (I've always previously used c:\FSX) and I still cannot install Orbx products - the FTX Central has stopped working message came up immediately on completion of install of EU England and subsequently as soon as the shortcut icon is clicked.

I'm running 64-bit Win7 and a clean install FSX with SP1 and SP2 (apart from trying to install EU England).I have downloaded and installed the latest Library file. At the moment no other add-ons installed, until I can find a way to get Orbx back up again. Any suggestions greatly received, thanks and fingers crossed!!

Thanks
Jon

FSS0239892 EGHI EU Scotland EU Northern Ireland FSS0205280 EU Wales FSS0187072 EU England

Hi Alex,

Appreciate you getting back to me and the suggested action. Still no joy I think the problems on my machine were more deep seated after the graphics problem. I've wasted enough time (3 weeks) trying to sort this, so I bit the bullet and installed Windows 8.1. With a clean install everything now works grand - I can finally go fly the Q400 over decent scenery!

Cheers

Jon

Archived