PAKT SP1

bluestar

I have attempted to update PAKT with SP1.  The update appears to install correctly, but when I check the version in FTX Central-Product Report shows Version 1.0.  When I open PAKT I still get the crash on RWY29 and the associated taxiway just before reaching RWY29.    RWY11 and its taxiway works without any problems.  I did a search of the forums and did not find a solution.

Thanks,

Since I have not gotten a reply about my problem, I will reply to myself.

I have reinstalled PAKT and SP1 again.  Although the FTX Central Report still says Version 1.0 is installed, there are new files (later date) in the Scenery folder. 

There is still no change in the problem on the RWY29 intersection with the taxiway.  At coordinates N55 20.45/W131 42.20 and Altitude 139.8 the runway disappears and the underlying photoreal scenery appears.  The altitude drops to 138.3 and the runway lights are now visible above this location. 

The scenery works correctly except in this location.

If there is not a solution to my scenery issues with PAKT, please let me know so I can uninstall it and revert back to the default scenery.  Since I have been ignored for several days I am confused as to whether the problem is with the way I have stated my questions concerning the PAKT scenery or there is no solution to the issues I have raised with the PAKT scenery.  

Sorry for not seeing this post earlier Billy,

It sounds as if there is a 3rd party APX active here, could you post a screen shot showing the issue so i can more clearly understand the nature of the problem here.

Hi Russ,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Since I posted yesterday I reinstalled PAKT and the SP1.  After the install I encountered the same problem with RWY 29, but today when I went to get a screen shot of the problem, it had resolved itself.  I'm not sure what happened, but will keep trying for a couple of days to determine if the problem is truly fixed.

When I check the Installed Report for FSX Central it is still showing Version 1.0 for PAKT even though I have installed SP1.  There are later dated files now in the Scenery folder so something had changed.  These new files are dated 2012.

You mentioned "APX".  I'm not sure what that is, but if you give me some guidance I will pursue that as a potential problem.

Again thanks for getting back to me.

Ok Billy good to hear, let me know if indeed the problem has resolved itself.

APX means the runway and apron information for an airport which details altitude along with a whole raft of other information nesessary to make an airport work correctly for the user and for AI traffic. When you install 3rd party AI programs they often come with custom APX information for many airports so that the AI will interact with airports in their default state. The problem with this is if a default airport has been upgraded by Orbx (like PAKT) then quite often elevation changes are required to make the airport more accurate, then there will be a conflict between the elevation data held in the airport package, and the elevation data held in the AI package for the APX of that airport and you see issues such as the one you have.  

So basically, do you have any AI programs installed?

Also, as for FTX central showing the correct version number, it may just be that the number was never updated as part of the SP, a small issue that went un-noticed during testing, if indeed the new files are stating a 2012 date then you have the SP installed correctly.

Ok good news, WOAI could potentially cause an issue if it has a file for PAKT (this can be individually disabled so you wont loose the program functionality for any other airport) first we need to establish if there are any conflicts, would you mind posting a screenshot of PAKT here, so i can double check you are seeing the place as intended, then we can close off this topic if all is well.

Attached is a picture of PAKT from the RWY29 end.  Hopefully the link will work, since my photo site does not support BBC.  On the box for PAKT it said I needed PNW which I purchased.  Is this correct or should I have purchased a different region?

Billy Bluestar

PAKT_zps33d967d6.jpg

If PNW is stated as the required region then it's a typo which we can only appologise for, the FTX region required for PAKT is the Pacific Fjords (PFJ) region. Unfortunately this typo cannot be corrected as DVD is now a discontinued line of Orbx media.  

It is always recommended to have the FTX region for any FTX airport you wish to use as elevation and alignment issues will be resolved.

If PNW is stated as the required region then it's a typo which we can only appologise for, the FTX region required for PAKT is the Pacific Fjords (PFJ) region. Unfortunately this typo cannot be corrected as DVD is now a discontinued line of Orbx media.  

It is always recommended to have the FTX region for any FTX airport you wish to use as elevation and alignment issues will be resolved.

No problem, I was going to purchase PFJ anyway.  PAKT seems to be working ok now.

The one thing I would hope to see in any updates you do for PAKT would be to add the DME to the ILS.  :smile:

I'm enjoying the scenery and thanks for your time.

Archived