FTX Central Problem

gw6aa

Hi,

Is it true that when you select a region in FTX Central all the other regions are turned off by adding ".off" to the end of the unwanted files?

If so, I have a problem because no files are turned off, whichever area I select. Except a couple of airports in NA.

I've been getting a few OOM errors and I wonder if this is the cause.

CN

FSS0175331 and many others if you need them.

Hi CN,

Other regions are not turned off with .off extensions, the only exception is airport elevation files. Behind the scenes FTX Central is swapping out core files in FSX for each region (or Global's) respective copies that include things like autogen textures and landclass lookup tweaks

Regards,

Alex

I've had another look and of course you are quite right it's only the elevation adjustment.BGLs that get turned off.

This is in FSX-Scenery-World-Scenery. I think I'm safe in saying that when I'm using Europe, North America and Oceania get turned off. So when I use any one of the three, the other two get turned off.

The problem I have is that they all stay on no matter which one I choose.

Obviously it's not meant to be like this or you wouldn't have bothered to provide FTX Central.

If you can tell me how to fix it I will be much obliged.

CN

Hi,i have question about ftx central .I have ftx Global and N.Ireland with Scotland.If I choose in ftx central global there is no Other scenery active like Scotland and Northern Ireland,but if I choose European region there will be still active rest of the world I mean all Global scenery what I also have or not???Or there is another option to tick both of those addons in ftx central??

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have either the same problem or something similar. I check my scenery.cfg file and there are no FTX entries present. I then run the FTX Central and change the selection to, shall we say, Oceania. (It happens with every region). In the scenery.cfg file I find that all the FTX regions that I have are loaded, NA and Oceania. I check the ORBX scenery.cfg backup file and there are no FTX entries there. In the Scenery\world\scenery folder all the FTX entries are suffixed .BGL.

Open the FTX central again and I select FTX Global, not hybrid. Now on looking at the scenery.cfg file I find that all the FTX regions are still there, and furthermore all the FTX regions are in the ORBX scenery.cfg backup file as well. In the scenery\world\scenery file all the FTX entries are set to .OFF.

I thought that it may be a problem that I have alone, so I checked with a friend who also uses FTX. He has the same ORBX products as I have but also the FTX eu as well. On checking his system he finds that he gets exactly the same result as I have.

I can't give you a date when this may have started, but it is something recent that has caused the problem, as I do check my system regularly. Recent purchases are SAL, FTX Global (and all the free add-on airports). I have also recently installed Juneau and Boseman Yellowstone. Latest library run after installing.

Help appreciated.

Norman

Can somebody come back with an answer please. The topic is tagged as answered, but my additional comments have not been.

Norman

Maybe it would have been a better idea to start a new thread instead of piggybacking.

Spirit

Archived