Missing Scenery Models in Northern Ireland?

lesjones

Hi Gents,

Firstly let me congratulate the team on the totally superb Scotland, England and Northern Ireland regions (I have yet to buy Wales), FTX has changed my whole flight simulator experience!

One small question though....while I was watching Northern Ireland being installed I saw what appeared to be texture files for Belfast City Hall and Castle Ward (which is 4 miles from where I live) flash up for a second.

However, having looked for these models in the scenery itself they don't appear to be present despite having all my scenery sliders maxed out.

Have I missed something, as in one of your publicity screenshots I am sure that I can see the towers of the City Hall in the distance when looking back towards the docks area?

It's not a big issue, but if they are there I would like to be able to see them ^-^  

Thanks,

Les from N.I.

Hi Paul,

{fsx/p3d}\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_EU_NIR_PLC_POI.bgl - Yes, its there.

{fsx/p3d}\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\Orbxlibs_EU_NIR_POIs.bgl - No, it was missing.

I just did a complete re-install of all three sceneries and everything is back to normal now....Belfast City Hall, the Grand Opera House and even Castle Ward are where they should be in all their splendour!  ^-^ 

Many thanks, really appreciated,

Les

• 3 months later...

Hi

Just on the same thread, those items were missing from my scenery too even after uninstalling and reinstalling EU-NIR and the patch so I redownloaded EU-NIR tonight and reinstalled it. The redownloaded version was FTXEUNIR110_2 whereas the original version was FTXEUNIR100 so I assumed it was an updated version and I didn't install the patch but checked the installation first and everything seems ok, with the cranes, city hall etc all present now. By chance however I rechecked for the two files mentioned above and the second one is still missing from FTX_AU, although the scenery all seems correct. My question is should that file be present and do I still need to install the patch?

Bill

Archived